Home Insurance Renewals

Soldato
Just renewed my home insurance policy using Go Compare and managed to renew it with Policy Expert for £100 less than what my current provider Privilege quoted me.

I spoke to Privilege and let them know that even on a comparison site I found it less than their renewal offer, the agent didn't seem too interested so I said let it lapse and not renew.

Ended up paying just under £218 with contents insurance which is more than £50 less than last year.

Compare the Market were about £20 more expensive for the same provider and cover, which I found strange and going direct to Policy Expert was even more expensive, bizarre how they provide quotations.

AFAIK they have to offer people the best price, but that price doesn't have to be the same across all channels.

So they could show a different price for someone renewing directly on the web, vs ringing them up, vs coming via a comparison site.

It does seem like there are more loopholes than I'd originally expected, but at least it's better than the old "hey it's doubled in price but since I'm so nice I can cut down by 40% for you as a special treat"

I also renewed my home insurance but the cheapest quote I got was going straight to Direct Line (who are not on price comparison websites). Saved myself £65 compared to the renewal quote i got from the people (also Policy Expert) I was with previously (who were also quoting cheaper than price comparrison sites). Might have just got the timing right.

Back
Top Bottom