Home user PC support /repairs anyone doing it?

Soldato
I've been doing this for 15 years (as a hobby) I work full time (in IT) . Been really lazy for the past 3 /4 years income has dropped 50% to 70%..

I've been posting leaflets (much less successful that a few years ago)

A bit cheaky to ask but I've given plenty of help and advice to people over the years here but any suggestions on how to boost income (customers)? Anyone had luck advertising on Facebook? Advertising in different ways or maybe pushing slightly different angles?

To be clear I work full time this is my hobby (side benefit is money) I don't need to do this.

Possibly only people who do home User support can help here I'd really appreciate any advice offered.

Soldato
OP
This was the biggest money maker for me but once routers come pre configured and devices become plug n play there was no need any more for that.

Personally I don’t think there’s a market for this any more. Don’t get me wrong you might make a tiny bit money but probably nothing worth your time. As time moves on more people are using mobiles and tablets and the gamers now know what to do. Many of them build their own systems.

So unless you are going to expand your energy and be able to fix tablets and mobiles and laptops then it probably wouldn’t be worth your time or is this your plan?

yer i started when you were finishing and found routers / BB issues were a good money spinner, as well as virus' and updates breaking windows (which have mostly gone with w10)

met a lot of interesting people, made some good extra money,

will just chug along, fixing screens is not really my thing,

Back
Top Bottom