Homeplug Q's

Associate
plug it in to a cheap switch maybe? That way, the plugs should stay connected and you'll have some extra ports?

No idea if this will fix the problem though...

Soldato
Ooof! Just when I thought it was over :confused:

Have you tried swapping the ethernet cable at the PC? Put it in the router->homeplug connection and put the router one vice versa.

Associate
I had this problem, I think when I shutdown the PC for extended periods. Not sure what I did to fix it, or if I did fix it at all because I usually just set to standby/sleep which always has traffic running through it.

Have you run the utility program that comes with the homeplugs?

Associate
Tried setting password and stuff? Same name network etc?

Maybe turn off Wake on Pattern on your NIC settings. Mine works now and that is the only setting ive changed since this whole thing happened to me.

Associate
That's weird - my set of TP's accepted the pass key off one of the plugs although the software did have to have a good think about it.

Have you played around with the power plan settings of your PC just to eliminate that?

If it's been less than 7 days since you received them it might be worth returning them under distance selling regs.

Soldato
Sorry to bring this thread back from the graveyard but i'm now having this issue with my ASUS Maximus gene VIII

Did anyone figure out what might be happening?

Thanks

I forgot about this thread and had the same issue sometime later (wow this was way back in 2012, hope StonedPenguin's got it sorted! :D).

There's an issue with TP-LINK plugs where they won't wake up from sleep with certain ethernet chipsets.

It's on their website in some small text or it might be hidden away on their forum. The fix is to disable the sleep mode on the homeplugs using a utility so that it always stays on.

When I found that out I wasn't really please with that so I returned it to the retailer I bought them from for a refund.

Back
Top Bottom