Homeworld 3

Soldato
No, they lost all the source files, so were unable to do anything more with that IP.
yer they did it was a bit gutting to here that at the time :/ of the games i played Cataclysm is the one i remember fondly.

didn't they get sued by WoW for that name :confused:
they did which i why they had to rename it to launch it on GOG.
Homeworld: Cataclysm - September 1, 2000
World of Warcraft - Initial release date: 23 November 2004

im suspecting it was a case of ££ on both parts and not worth the investment to do anything about either.
i have hopes either they or a group or people may some day release an new installment or a "remaster"

i think they are taking the development seriously and the fact they have erly play testers in from the community is a good sign to me. they also know there is a large number or people just waiting for it.
but yep like MonkeE said their really is no standards, plent of games coming out recently trying something but working in 3d like they are isnt as easy from a design and usability view.

Soldato
Just fired up steam and there was an update for the demo but I didn't see any patch notes.
We have just deployed a hotfix to Homeworld 3 War Games demo!

This hotfix is to test the update process and player impact after Homeworld 3 goes live on May 13*. The hotfix contains two adjustments to the game:

Addresses a crash on game launch for regions using non-latin text characters.
Increased the default camera speed and sensitivity to address concerns on the default tuning feeling sluggish.
Note: This change will apply to all users who have not modified or changed their sensitivity settings in the menu.

Associate
I forgot this was coming out so soon. Shame it was pushed back a bit but reading the comments it needs to. It’s Homeworld so I’ll still pick it up at release.

Soldato
I’ve spent a couple of hours playing a few matches and the recent patch has basically fixed the main gripe I had which was the camera speed.

I’m surprised they released it with the camera configured as it was given they were about to sort it so quickly following ‘feedback’.

Soldato
I managed to get the demo yesterday and have a provisional go at the tutorial and found it surprisingly similar to the previous Homeworld's controls. There are differences, but overall I coped fairly well, though I will say I was hoping for better graphics, but gameplay is where its at for me. I also wonder if they're gonna have an easy, normal, hard, insane difficulty levels as all the previous versions had a set difficulty that couldn't be changed and the previous games got progressively harder as the game progressed. Still, not a deal breaker but would be nice for an old ***t like me (nearly 70) and make life a bit easier, lol.

Associate
I only played a bit of the tutorial as I know I am going to buy it at some point and I don't want to spoil anything. Do you think they will make a GoG release? I'm not a fan of the Epic launcher integration they updated Deserts of Kharak with.

Soldato
OP
Probably, tho with the feedback of the demo there having to rework a lot due to the negative feedback mainly the camera controls and few other things, so there in crunch mode now for a few months now to try to fix it to play more like a hw game instead of their ideas of what hw3 should be, lets hope they succeed.

Associate
I did find the camera a bit clunky.. i'm a homeworld 2 fan and it was different but I figured they had reasons and it would be apparent when I play the game properly. Did no-one else like it either then? How did they say they were going to change it? Back to like it was in Homeworld 2?

Associate
Well that’s a pain. On the bright side hopefully they’re sorting the Demo issues out that people mentioned.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom