** Official Horizon: Forbidden West Complete Edition Thread **

Soldato
Haha. Was expecting him to rip it apart or something as that's all I ever see that guy do when someone posts his video on here.

There you go Nexus. Even that youtuber likes it. Let the SSR go and enjoy :D

Heh, he does actually thumbs up more games than he thumbs down. But it’s the thumbs down reviews which get reposted the most as people seem to enjoy a good sweary rant

He’s not wrong about the gameplay though. I loved the first HZD but the bow combat was far more fun than the zero risk climbing and somewhat silly stealth sub game. But the story and beauty of the game world carry it. Forbidden West appears to be more of the same, which is a good thing.

Reactions: TNA
Man of Honour
Those flipping kangaroos are the most annoying thing so far, swinging their tails around with electric shock etc :mad:

This bit did make me lol :cry:

uXkuvth.png

Someone on Guru3D is going off on one saying this game has utterly broken frame gen, frame pacing, stutters in menus etc etc and is calling Nixxes "overrated". SMH....

Edit*

Do you reckon this will ruffle some console feathers? :p

eLRxYjD.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TNA
Man of Honour
Quick cheeky session before work, finally climbed up one of the Tallnecks, man they are tall and as DF poitned out, the way this game gives you a sense of height and scale when you'r eup somewhere high due to how the scenery is rendered is quite unreal:

8g4Wo4B.jpg

Not a game for those with vertigo :p

Associate
Torn between re-buying this for the PC or DD2. This & the screenshot thread is making me want to see this on the ultrawide
To be honest, I got both games, I launched H:ZD in the morning of DD2. Then I played DD2 from then till now only. I am really enjoying it but the complaints are true. Its not optimised, its towns are laggy at the best of times and some graphics seem a bit blurry. There was awkwardsness in terms of attacking and stuff, yet overall I'm having fun building my character and interacting with the world.

The 30 mins I put into Horizon Zero Dawn, I was left thinking this looks polished, and really pretty. I can see theres promise in what more is waiting for me when I get into playing it properly.

Aloy uses a Bow, and my Arisen I went Archer. :D maybe a bad choice and ill burn out on archery.

Anyway, its up to you. For someone new to both and only able to buy one I'd probably say H:ZD.

Since you say Re-buy, you know what your getting if you played previously on playstation. If you want something new, DD2, IF, you can stomach the potential performance issues like me. H:ZD if you want a reason to return to it.

I can't promise ill remember, but if i do maybe ill hop on H:ZD and try to get some ultrawidescreen images (3440 x1440) for you. Would be early game of course.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
To be honest, I got both games, I launched H:ZD in the morning of DD2. Then I played DD2 from then till now only. I am really enjoying it but the complaints are true. Its not optimised, its towns are laggy at the best of times and some graphics seem a bit blurry. There was awkwardsness in terms of attacking and stuff, yet overall I'm having fun building my character and interacting with the world.

The 30 mins I put into Horizon Zero Dawn, I was left thinking this looks polished, and really pretty. I can see theres promise in what more is waiting for me when I get into playing it properly.

Aloy uses a Bow, and my Arisen I went Archer. :D maybe a bad choice and ill burn out on archery.

Anyway, its up to you. For someone new to both and only able to buy one I'd probably say H:ZD.

Since you say Re-buy, you know what your getting if you played previously on playstation. If you want something new, DD2, IF, you can stomach the potential performance issues like me. H:ZD if you want a reason to return to it.

I can't promise ill remember, but if i do maybe ill hop on H:ZD and try to get some ultrawidescreen images (3440 x1440) for you. Would be early game of course.

Do you mean Horizon Forbidden West by any chance?

Associate
Reading this thread is like visiting the avforums, that extra thick +5mm £100 cable i bought increase the heard density of the bass by 0.3% of an ohm and it sounds so much better for the 2 seconds that is happening. Oh yes and my new screen is lighter by 1% and I can notice it because I am senstive to light while zoomed in at 900% moving it left to right, did you see that little sparkle, actually no i didn't I was too busy killing some stuff and enjoying the game

Sometimes you need to enjoy looking at the tress and forest without worrying about the bark, life is too short and one day you will not be here any more, enjoy it while it lasts don't waste it on crap, if you aint' 60 yet when you are, look back at this rubbish and realise wtf was I doing, now I can't see anything, can't grip anything and have rsi but at least the sparklies are good eh..

Last edited:
Caporegime
Reading this thread is like visiting the avforums, that extra thick +5mm £100 cable i bought increase the heard density of the bass by 0.3% of an ohm and it sounds so much better for the 2 seconds that is happening. Oh yes and my new screen is lighter by 1% and I can notice it because I am senstive to light while zoomed in at 900% moving it left to right, did you see that little sparkle, actually no i didn't I was too busy killing some stuff and enjoying the game

Sometimes you need to enjoy looking at the tress and forest without worrying about the bark, life is too short and one day you will not be here any more, enjoy it while it lasts don't waste it on crap, if you aint' 60 yet when you are, look back at this rubbish and realise wtf was I doing, now I can't see anything, can't grip anything and have rsi but at least the sparklies are good eh..

With that mindset, we should have stuck with black and white, 2d etc. games.

Back
Top Bottom