Horizon: Forbidden West

Soldato
Bit shocked there isn't already a discussion over this, likely the only game I will buy day 1 with any confidence in the next few years, looks great to me :)

Soldato
OP
Has there been any release date at all, is it 2021 or 2022? Seems odd there was no mention on the gameplay reveal

Also this thread title should be changed, it's not Horizon Zero Dawn ;)

It is Horizon 2: Forbidden West :D #nitpicking

I'd change it but it wont let me :D

Edit: Aha! Found it, better?

Soldato
OP
Played for an hour or two last night and again this morning, unimpressed so far. Probably just an age thing and also related to my lack of playtime in the main game for a while but it just isn't fun anymore, enemies are tough as nails and have super massive attack ranges which make it exceedingly difficult to dodge, coupled with the very limited leeway given for your own attacks it feels like I'm fighting dark souls style bosses (without any dodge invulnerability window that I've noticed) which they obviously didn't think was hard enough and threw multiple enemies in for fun, on top of which the new terrain gets in the way constantly and enemies will happily attack you and move through it when it suits them.

I've felt for a while that the combat was going downhill since Frozen Wastes was released and it's only become worse in my opinion, the combat in FW has never felt particularly good to me and this has just amped that feeling up. Hopefully it's just me though and others will feel better about it.

Back
Top Bottom