Horizontal line on TV driving me crazy

PeN

PeN

Associate
Hi Folks
I have an annoying issue with one source on my TV, when using the satellite box zgemma h9s it has a horizontal line/lines running across as displayed in the pic attached.

It's not constant.... and not always in the same location, but very frequent and is more pronounced in fast moving images.

All other sources are fine and display a perfect picture, but on the gemma it has lines.

no satellite connected just IPTV, and the sat box has been replaced but it does it on the new one aswell.

have swapped hdmi cables and sources but has made no difference, can anyone suggest what to try next?

Or something I can plug into it to prevent noise like a ground loop protector or similar....

Thanks

lines.jpg

Man of Honour
If it's not resolution/refresh rate, then from your description, and from the images, it looks like the box is struggling with a limited broadband connection speed.

This isn't a line. It's the box displaying part of one video frame, then the next one filling in the gap, hence the split screen effect.

How is the box connected to the net?

PeN

PeN

Associate
OP
Speed is 100Mbps

VM cable connection to the router > rj45 to the gemma sat receiver > hdmi from gemma to the onkyo

PeN

PeN

Associate
OP
the TV is LG - 55EG960V cant see an option to check the refresh rate?
aspect ratio is 16/9
no frame issues on blueray or pc stream via serviio, just when connected to the gemma, could it be noise from the VM line?

PeN

PeN

Associate
OP
yes through amp, interestingly enough as i was displaying the menu on the TV i could see the line behind the menu, but the menu itself was not effected

I'll try that suggestion

Associate
the TV is LG - 55EG960V cant see an option to check the refresh rate?
aspect ratio is 16/9
no frame issues on blueray or pc stream via serviio, just when connected to the gemma, could it be noise from the VM line?
The refresh/resolution in the display settings of the zgemma box, not the TV.

PeN

PeN

Associate
OP
great suggestions everyone, thank you so much!

I think the issue is resolved......

Took the hdmi out from the AV receiver and plugged it direct into the TV, have not had a line since.....

I also took all the heavy load units TV, bass and receiver and plugged them into a surge protector 10 gang extension cable, separate from the router and cable connection on a different extension in the wall socket.

Praise the lord!

So simple when i think about it

Back
Top Bottom