Hospital Tycoon ("Theme Hospital" in 3D)

Soldato
OP
Go to the flash site and click 'About Game' - the 2nd paragraph of the intro statement;

With three different hospital environments to master

I hope that by 'three different hospital environments' they don't mean there's only going to be three levels?! That better mean that there's three 'sets' of scenery that the hospitals occur in. I've played a tycoon game before (factory tycoon or something stupid) which was total pants, and had about 3 levels.

Still, in the About bit they have 'wacky contraptions' and 'bizarre ailments'... good - because that's what this game should be all about :D

Soldato
Wow, I thought I was the only one that liked Theme Hospital, everyone else I knew (at the time) thought it was rubbish.. but to me its still one of my fav games of all time. I remeber the excitment the day before that come out and I ran to the shops to get it... I was a schoolboy in those days :)

Unfortuntely this will prob be butchered, Theme Park was AWESOME, then they released Theme Park World (Sim Theme Park in the US) and that was rubbish.

These sim style games don't seem to be any good fully 3D... or is that just me?

... Hmm, wheres my Theme Hospital CD gone????

Soldato
Soldato
To be honest, the hype that will have been built up around this game will only result in thousands of disappointed Theme Hospital players. No game that is within the same genre of Theme Hospital will ever live up to its ridiculous fanatics. For them to even considering making a game that is set to rival Theme Hospital seems a bit foolish.

Associate
Damn some worrying quotes in here. I really really hope it doesn't turn into the sims set in a hospital.

At least there is a demo being released so we can actually try it before we waste our money.

I remember when I first got the original for the Playstation. Oh it was hilarious! All those whacky diseases and problems. I just loved how crowded and how alive the hospital actually felt too later in the levels. People puking everywhere, the odd emergency every now and then. Really kept you on your toes at times, even for a tycoon type game. Great great times.

PoD

PoD

Associate
I loved Theme Hospital and reinstalled it not to recently ago.

This game was always going to be 'sim hospital' though. Just look at the way it looks and think about what is popular with this game types audience at the moment.

You have 'Scrubs' which for some unknown reason is extremely popular on TV.

You have 'The Sims' which is an extremely popular (I use the time vaguely) 'Simulation' game.

The other thing to remember is that this is NOT a THEME game it is a TYCOON game and in my eyes they have always be rubbish compared to the Theme versions.

This game is very much The Sims + Scrubs and so if your a girl with no taste in and a bad sense of humour then this game is probably right up your street.

Associate
played theme hospital for the first time at the weekend !

my wife bought it recently and has been playing it a lot so thought i ought to have a look.

for a 10 yr old game it was rather enjoyable and i planned on a session tonite on it !

be interesting to see if this update captures the same sense of fun.

Soldato
heh some harsh comments in this thread

The original sims was revolutionary (yes all the expansion packs are a joke)
roller coaster tycoon was also amazing
scrubs is a great show!

ps. i also dont want this to be a sims game, theme hospital is one of my favourite games of all time, i reinstall it at least once a year

Soldato
Bullfrog were awesome. I completed the original Dungeon Keeper not so long back, still have it installed in fact! I can't get Dungeon Keeper 2 working under XP, it just crashes after a few minutes of play.

Theme Hospital was great, though I played it on the PSX rather than PC (didn't even have one at the time!).

Back
Top Bottom