Hotels with parking in York

Soldato
Planning on stopping off in York for a day or two on a trip but struggling to find any decent hotels close to the centre with on-site parking.

Looking at the likes of Hotel Du Vin, the Churchill etc, all tightly packed with no guarantee of a space. I don’t mind walking a short distance but will be arriving later in the evening so would rather not.

Havent been to the city before so any suggestions would be great? :)

Soldato
Planning on stopping off in York for a day or two on a trip but struggling to find any decent hotels close to the centre with on-site parking.

Looking at the likes of Hotel Du Vin, the Churchill etc, all tightly packed with no guarantee of a space. I don’t mind walking a short distance but will be arriving later in the evening so would rather not.

Havent been to the city before so any suggestions would be great? :)
Define decent? Premier Inn ok for you? If so Blossom street ones have a car park 1 min walk away. I know you said on site but York is a small city with mainly old building which as you have found have limited spaces.

If not Holiday Inn on Tadcaster road and there is another hotel on Tadcaster Road but the name escapes me. Also Hilton which has its own car park and a car park 20 seconds walk away https://maps.app.goo.gl/nVmndAZEHdt69PSAA

Edit this place https://maps.app.goo.gl/Z4iYukNG5hCAGDyW8

Last edited:
Associate
Couple that spring to mind are the Radisson, which faces onto the river and also the Principal which is next to the train station. Both are paid parking though but on site and very central.

Associate
Define decent? Premier Inn ok for you? If so Blossom street ones have a car park 1 min walk away. I know you said on site but York is a small city with mainly old building which as you have found have limited spaces.

If not Holiday Inn on Tadcaster road and there is another hotel on Tadcaster Road but the name escapes me. Also Hilton which has its own car park and a car park 20 seconds walk away https://maps.app.goo.gl/nVmndAZEHdt69PSAA

Edit this place https://maps.app.goo.gl/Z4iYukNG5hCAGDyW8

That's also handy for the Ibis too, which is very close to the Hotel Du Vin.

Soldato
We stayed in the Grand a few years back as a treat - but parked at the train station. Only a 5 minute walk away.

Apparently now they have a deal with a Tanner Row car park, so you'd be right across the street. But the 'deal' is still £21 a day.

Soldato
I've stayed in the Radisson before which was fine, paid parking available.

I find it really frustrating that you can't leave cars in the York P&R sites overnight. The whole point is to reduce traffic into York but you're left with no choice but to drive in and pay the extortionate parking costs because they don’t let you leave a car there. Compare to Oxford P&R sites which do let you leave a car overnight - I did that last time I stayed in Oxford and it was perfect.

I've used the long stay parking next to York station in the past which was good too, but not sure if that's still available, heard they were redeveloping the area.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The Travelodge in Hull Road on the Eastern side has some parking. Its about 40 min walk from the centre, or there is plenty of free on street parking around the Melrosegate area, again about 20 min walk from the centre. There are also bus stops nearby. I often leave my car there for a few days when in York.

The Shell petrol station on the corner of Melrosegate and Hull Road is one of the cheaper ones in the area.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Travelodge in Hull Road on the Eastern side has some parking. Its about 40 min walk from the centre, or there is plenty of free on street parking around the Melrosegate area, again about 20 min walk from the centre. There are also bus stops nearby. I often leave my car there for a few days when in York.

The Shell petrol station on the corner of Melrosegate and Hull Road is one of the cheaper ones in the area.
And your car is still there? :eek:

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the suggestions all!

I've added the Radisson and Novotel to the shortlist, both central, hadn't realised the former had a multistore car park next door to it. I checked out the Hilton, too.

£21 for parking is nothing when paying the room rates at that place :p
Don't mind the rates, just don't fancy walking a mile through the city with cases after a long drive :D

Soldato
Stayed at the Radisson Monday and Tuesday last week - but dated but nice enough

Car park was only about 50% used, pity you can't book but seemed to be mainly coach loads of tourists and company conferences

Soldato
OP
Stayed at the Radisson Monday and Tuesday last week - but dated but nice enough

Car park was only about 50% used, pity you can't book but seemed to be mainly coach loads of tourists and company conferences
Ended up booking Novotel, looked fairly decent with plenty of parking :) Will note all of these suggestions for future.

Back
Top Bottom