Hotline Miami - Brutal Top Down action ( INDIE )

Caporegime
Hotline Miami overflows with raw brutality and skull crushing close combat as you find yourself outgunned and using your wits to choreograph your way through impossible situations. An unmistakable visual style, a driving soundtrack, and a surreal plot that will have you question your own thirst for blood. Bash and blast through over 20 multiscreen levels with 35 unique weapons and collect 25 game-altering masks in one of the darkest and most unusual independent games on the scene.

NvxHw.jpg

http://www.hotlinemiami.com/

Caporegime
OP
This game was not so good at Rezzed :(, I didn't enjoy it nor did my brother. The enemies had lightning reflexes sometimes they'd see you and instant death without a means of defence. First attack first kill basically

Not a lover of the control scheme either, think of it as a bad Gta 1

Associate
Get an error when trying to launch this and then no sound if I manage to get in game. Good to see Steam's quality checks are as rigorous as ever.

Associate
Fantastic game with an equally fantastic soundtrack.

Some bugs, but that can be forgiven. The gameplay is tight and the combat is violent fun. Yes the game is difficult, but when is that a reason to critise a game?

Associate
This game was not so good at Rezzed :(, I didn't enjoy it nor did my brother. The enemies had lightning reflexes sometimes they'd see you and instant death without a means of defence. First attack first kill basically

Not a lover of the control scheme either, think of it as a bad Gta 1

If you are getting one shot by the enemies then you aren't approaching the game correctly. The gameplay has nothing really in common with GTA except from the perspective. It is more of a puzzle. You need to observe the room, see the guards and work out how you are going to take them out. If you rush in a la GTA then you will die. There are no hidden death traps. You can clearly see all enemy positions and movement paths.

Associate
If Bret Easton Ellis could code, this is the game he'd make.

I love it, but I'm struggling with the controls a little bit. Ideally it should be housed in a MAME cabinet with the Ikari Warriors hexagonal twin sticks as controls :D

Soldato
I'm the same Mike. It looks like it could be a nice little game to play between other games. Very positive reviews. I certainly appreciate savagely difficult games that are fair but this looks rage-inducing so not sure how much game time I'll get from each session.

Back
Top Bottom