How am I best sorting my Windows 11 laptop ready to sell?

Hi, sorry to bring this topic back.
I am just in the process of about selling my laptop, I done the above, which i thought would work fine (reinstalling Windows 11 on a blank drive) and pressing the power button until the laptop turns off at the point it asks to select country and region)
I tried turning it on before just to make sure it started back at that point, so when the person gets it, it will feel like they have just got it fresh.
And i was greeted with a recovery screen saying it looks like windows hasn't loaded correctly.

And then 2 options, either advanced repair options or restart pc. i have been testing this and if i go to restart pc, it then does go back to the set region screen, which is good.

I have tried this now a few times, and for a few times it then did go back to the set region screen, but every couple of times, it would go back to this recovery screen.

I really want this to just get to the person and know it will start at the correct screen, so they don't have to contact me and say its not working correctly if they are a total novice.

Does anyone know why it might be doing this?

James
When you get to the OOBE (out of box experience) screen you can press Shift + F10 to bring a cmd box up. From here you can run the command shutdown /s /t 0 and that will shut the computer down straight away and be ready for the new user.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom