How are the rest of you combating the non existent pc game scene atm?

Soldato
EvilGrin said:
The wait is annoying, I have a 640mb 8800GTS chomping at the bit to be used properly!

The sole reason I'm not even looking at upgrading atm, just nothing worth upgrading for. Plus Vista is still a bag of pants or the lack of drivers are. :(

Associate
Test Drive Unlimited with 1.66 patch.

runs a treat for me now.

whilst I eagerly await the following games (going to be a great end of the year)

Bioshock
Crysis
HL2 EP2 + TF2 + Portal
Sega Rally
Speedball II remake
Unreal Tournament 3
Sensible Soccer (original game on Vista + X360)
Assassin's Creed (this looks good from E3 footage)
Haze
Call of Duty 4 (it might make it before the end of the year)
Gears of War

and of course, don't forget- the one worth waiting for the most: Pipa Funnell 4

Last edited:
Associate
slowly weaning myself off cod:uo (my god that game still has some mileage in it)

and tinkering with FSX and Battle of Britain 2, as well as spending a lot of time... (ahem :eek: ) outside..

...looking forward to getting back with the clan and Medal of Honor Airborne for now and CoD4 later on in the year :)

Associate
I'd agree we're all waiting for the next 'big thing', but I'm looking at my pile of unplayed or uncompleted games, and it's scary.

This an opportunity to reacquaint myself and actually get some money's worth!
I'm talking stuff like Spellforce 2, Rise Of Legends, Prey, Chronicles Of Riddick, Call Of Juarez, Freedom Force vs The Third Reich...

And that's without re-installing WOW, or even looking into the mod scene for HL2 or whatever else..

I say to myself I'd love something new, when the reality is I already have something new (albeit released a while ago!).

Man of Honour
Interesting fact for you.

Yesterday I fired up our Wii, and judging by the fitness calendar on Wii Sports it was the first time I've used it since the middle of June.

So for all the talk about how amazing console gaming is, I hadn't touched one in around 6 weeks.

Man of Honour
LabR@t said:
get some new games then ?

I don't need to, because I'm perfectly happy with PC gaming :)

The point I was trying to make was that the idea of a "non existent pc game scene" pushing people into console gaming doesn't really apply to me.

Soldato
Catching up with jobs around the house, listening to power metal and grabbing overtime at work to get a few extra £100 paid off the mortgage capital before the fixed rate ends!

However PC gaming far from dead...
Currently playing:
GTA SA.
Flight Sim 2004.
Ship Sim 2007.
X3 Reunion
Freelancer
Colin McRae Dirt
+ Started building a new route in Trainz 2004 and MSTS.

Associate
I'm in hospital 4 weeks now, trying to shake off an infection and have finished my 8th round of chemo. ordered a c2q6600 energy efficient cpu, gigabyte p35 ds3r, 2gb geil pc6400 and an akasa eclipse 62. Retail therapy, if only i could get online with my laptop instead of the SE W950i.

Associate
yep pc games market at the moment is pretty awful

reinstalled st elite force for the online nostalgia never had so much fun with any other online shooter, altho its mostly dead nowadays, damn loved that strafe jump

EF2 sucked so didnt go back to that

also playin star wars battlefront 2 online

cant get into BField2160 it just seems im dead as soon as i start thought itd be like planetside with driveable mechs alas let down

single player just finished vampire bloodlines kinda enjoyed it 2

now im pretty much stuck got the new tomb raider but get the feelin of been there done that so aint bothered yet

waitin for quake enemy territory and crysis to come out hope theyre as good as the hype says oh and UT2K7

cheers
fonzio

Permabanned
Been playing Civ 4 Beyond the Sword solid since it has come out.

I think I have over exposed myself to it though, so perhaps a CSS/Insurgency weekend this time! :p

Permabanned
I'm alright-ish with the current PC games CSS is the current flavour, I pass a lot of time listening to music aswell.

BioShock soonish though. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom