• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How are you deciding between 6800 and 6800XT?

Associate
Seen a lot of talk about PSU requirements for the 6800XT... I have a 3600x and want to pair it with a 6800XT, wonder if my 650w (seasonic gold+) PSU is enough?

Associate
The thought has crossed to my mind to pick up a cheap 5700XT Nitro + when the prices drop and just stay at 1440P

I have in the past always picked up a previous gen card brand new and it worked for me so far

THE 5700XT is a great card, i need to stop getting bogged down wanting new and shiny..

Associate
Another vega 56 owner wondering the same thing - game at 1440p, and most of what I play isnt too bad but the extra FPS wouldnt go amiss.
Think its going to boil down to whatever is offering the best FPS/£ ratio (so likely 6800) - should be more than enough for 1440p.

Caporegime
Reviews depending, but assuming all goes well (stock situation aside) I think all three are viable options for me.

Probably the 6800XT... but that could change a number of times.

I may even consider the 6700XT as that's bound to still be considerably faster than a 980Ti. Time will tell.

:eek: My... look at the price jumps of cards like the 2070/80 Super!!!

Last edited:
Permabanned
According to Hardware Unboxed there will be very little stock of the reference cards. AIB's will be out the following week so we may have better luck then but at what price?

Patients is going to be good for the soul I think

Another ***** tease of a launch?

Soldato
Have we got a confirmed UK price difference between the XT and non-XT?
No, everything's under NDA. One of OcUK's competitors has said as much, though made sure to mention in their response that past launches have usually been at 2pm. So I'd wager that's when all will be revealed. Doesn't sound promising at all on the stock front though.

Soldato
OP
No, everything's under NDA. One of OcUK's competitors has said as much, though made sure to mention in their response that past launches have usually been at 2pm. So I'd wager that's when all will be revealed. Doesn't sound promising at all on the stock front though.

Ah stuff it I'll wait for it all to die down and get an AIB model probably 6800 Nitro

Honestly CBA with handing money over and not knowing what's going on I'm not playing that game

Back
Top Bottom