How Can I Glue This Bumper Crack Together?

Associate
OP
Yeah the pre-facelift bumpers are around £40 if you're lucky and even those are a trek away.

I just finished the rear bumper and the Halfords paint came out pretty good. It's hard to spray and not get streaky though... had to do loads of coats.

Soldato
look on ebay get another bumper for it.........any colour will do and just get it resprayed the correct colour.

Soldato
Which will cost far more than getting one in the correct colour, or indeed any of the other options so far... :p

ideally you want the bumper the right colour..........of course, but any replacement bumper will still be better than trying to fix it and spray it with rattle cans yourself.

Caporegime
I think I'd rather have a bumper which is the right colour and has a crack in it, than a mint one in the wrong colour. Plus its not worth getting a proper spray job on a MK1 Focus bumper, so it would end up being a rattle can jobbie anyway.

I personally think comedy vinyl plasters are the way forward... I had one covering a bumper crack on my silver Polo... :p

Its cheaper to rock it than to fix it. ;)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I personally think comedy vinyl plasters are the way forward... I had one covering a bumper crack on my silver Polo... :p

Its cheaper to rock it than to fix it. ;)

I'd need about a hundred of em. The entire bumper is scuffed and paint is peeling in places.

Just looked at my rear bumper paint job and the Halfords paint is no exact colour match after all. In natural light it is a shade lighter of silver, which is great if you're painting a whole bumper but I did only half and blended :(

Deffo not taking anything to a spray shop the car will be sold for around £350 unless I choose to keep it as a spare.

Caporegime
Unless it's an uncommon car (looks like an early Focus but I could be wrong) I'd be inclined to get an undamaged one from a breaker rather than repair. Whether you still choose to paint the replacement is up to you.

Alternatively, go all drifter yo and get some tie-wrap stitching going on. :p

this tbh. many breakers have the bumpers.probably work out cheaper unless you a handyman who can prep it spray it do the fiberglass.

you drill around the crack then prep the stuff put layers on then sand then paint. think a breakers bumper same colour is easiest option.

Soldato
I'd need about a hundred of em. The entire bumper is scuffed and paint is peeling in places.

Just looked at my rear bumper paint job and the Halfords paint is no exact colour match after all. In natural light it is a shade lighter of silver, which is great if you're painting a whole bumper but I did only half and blended :(

Deffo not taking anything to a spray shop the car will be sold for around £350 unless I choose to keep it as a spare.

it costs a fortune to respray a rear bumper about £260, because they spray the entire panel even if it's only a scratch on one side.....it's far easier to respray the whole panel than trying to match it in.

Back
Top Bottom