How can I power 6x 12v 6amp delta fans or 6x 48v fans

Associate
Hi There,
I'm looking for the easiest way to power up 6x 12v 6amp delta fans - PFR0912SE-00
The other solution is: THD0948HE-A which would be 6x 48v 1.5amps

Can anyone recommend a solution?

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
What are you planning to put these on/in and do you want the power supply to fit inside something specific?

Edit: spelling correction

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply; the PSU doesn't need to fit anywhere or in a case but ideally be enclosed with terminal just for connection.
This isn't for a PC but area cooling of equipment.

Associate
Ok thats a bit outside of normal bench top power supplies and starting to wander in to something like a Mean Well RSP-500-12RS. I would also recommend capping off the connector area like you see done on some 3D printers...

You would need a supply capable of delivering more than 432W regardless of which voltage you go for, so I would ballpark working with 500W plus (I haven't checked startup current so you may want/need to go bigger or stagger the fans starting up to keep peak draw to an acceptable level)

Edit: spelling corrections, again...

Last edited:
Associate
You could also look at a programmable bench top supplies if you want/need to avoid wiring a mains lead up (which you should definitely get someone like a sparky to do).

The downsides with that are stopping anyone messing with the settings and finding one powerful enough will be quite a bit bigger and more expensive (e.g a pair of EXTECH INSTRUMENTS 382275)

Back
Top Bottom