How can i send hand sanitizer to hong kong?

Associate
No way to send it unless you work for a company that's dangerous goods authorised with either a courier or IATA.

Caporegime
Soldato
Most face masks aren't to the correct specification anyway so that's pointless too in most cases.

Indeed all these people wearing those silly facemasks with rubber bands over the ears, aren't preventing anything, what they are doing is having their own snot rubbed into their faces.

For proper protection, you'd need an air tight respirator which is certified against airborn contaminants. N95 respirators are a good start.

Caporegime
Nope, not indeed - your hands and inside elbow joint aren't "to the correct specification" either - it's still better than openly coughing/sneezing.- certainly not "pointless" as that poster is claiming.

The post he replied to was someone saying:

"Face masks are mostly for preventing outward contamination apparently i.e. stops the wearer passing stuff on."

They're not pointless for that purpose - if you want to quibble then "helps prevent" would be better than "stops" but meh...

Soldato
Nope, not indeed - your hands and inside elbow joint aren't "to the correct specification" either - it's still better than openly coughing/sneezing.- certainly not "pointless" as that poster is claiming.

The post he replied to was someone saying:

"Face masks are mostly for preventing outward contamination apparently i.e. stops the wearer passing stuff on."

They're not pointless for that purpose - if you want to quibble then "helps prevent" would be better than "stops" but meh...

If the facemask isn't air tight its not going to help prevent anything inward or outward.

Caporegime
If the facemask isn't air tight its not going to help prevent anything inward or outward.

False.

Do you just cough or sneeze openly if say on a train etc..?

Is a tissue airtight?

Think about it for a bit... by wearing a cheap mask it's like having a tissue in front of your face:

This isn't all or nothing - it doesn't have to be some full face respirator to help here.

Soldato
False.

Do you just cough or sneeze openly if say on a train etc..?

Is a tissue airtight?

Think about it for a bit... by wearing a cheap mask it's like having a tissue in front of your face:

This isn't all or nothing - it doesn't have to be some full face respirator to help here.

Double false, when your using a tissue your creating a temporary seal to catch germs, assuming the tissue doesn't dissintegrate in your hands is normally sufficient, but that's only for when you sneeze. Not for general use where your just breathing naturally, and as a person who wears glasses, I can tell if a mask is cheap and not air tight, because my glasses fog up and I can't see ****.

Caporegime
Double false, when your using a tissue your creating a temporary seal to catch germs, assuming the tissue doesn't dissintegrate in your hands is normally sufficient, but that's only for when you sneeze. Not for general use where your just breathing naturally, and as a person who wears glasses, I can tell if a mask is cheap and not air tight, because my glasses fog up and I can't see ****.

You're missing the point completely - all that is being talked about is helping to stop it spreading so much - you're on about an airtight seal etc.. but this isn't some binary, all or nothing situation.

wearing a mask helps stop the spread of coughs and sneezes, there is also the secondary effect re: preventing touching your face too

talk of airtight seals etc.. doesn't negate that

Caporegime

without the projection of a cough and sneeze the droplet vapour isn’t going to travel far, it might leak from the side of your mask, but it’s not the same as coughing in the open.

It isn’t 100% or 0%, it is about minimising spread, minimising risks. Every step you take add a little more to minimise risk, from washing hands, stay away fro crowded spaces etc. It all adds up to minimising risk.

Soldato
I'll cross-post this - the original premise was wrong, you didn't need to buy a flammable product
.... haven't managed to visit Boots yet , where they sell(sold?) it.

However while those are OK for BACTERIA they are not FOR VIRUSES. And Covid-19 is a VIRUS requiring a minimum 0.5% alcohol exposure for 1 minute to die.

eg. doesn't appear to be true for this product
https://ecohydra.com/professional/product-information/hand-sanitiser

which also suggests it will have persistent/residual benefit ???
https://www.medilinkem.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/4-Carl-Edwards-Ecohydra-for-Medilink.pdf
49591063393_3a0579518b_c_d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom