How can I soften my onscreen image for gaming

Permabanned
Maybe :D

Consoles are moving away from this softness, Its purely a technical limitation anyways. The PS6 will likely be a true 4k 120hz or 8k 60hz modes platform so everything will be super sharp. People will move away from softness and screen blur and demand to see thier pixels that they pay to render but then after rending more horsepower is spent to hide them behind blur.

Thats why its so messed up compared to PC gaming.

Associate
OP
It's a strange request to soften an image for gaming(!) but it seems like you have a specific need as the obvious solution suggested of running a lower non native res obviously doesn't float your boat.

If you're really serious about doing it you should look into reshade..
Id like softer images, not less detailed, which is why Im less keen on running lower resolutions. Reshade looks amazing by the way. Be superb if graphics cards allowed that level of control without third party software, especially where online games are concerned. Thanks for the info.

Soldato
Id like softer images, not less detailed, which is why Im less keen on running lower resolutions. Reshade looks amazing by the way. Be superb if graphics cards allowed that level of control without third party software, especially where online games are concerned. Thanks for the info.

No worries bud. You've got an Nvidia card haven't you, so with the latest Geforce Experience Freestyle feature there are built in "filters" you can use that are based on reshade. Not as advanced or flexible as reshade but might be enough for what you need, and it's easier to use...

https://www.geforce.com/en_GB/gfecn...ansel-enhancements-geforce-experience-article

You can also add extra filters...
https://www.techarp.com/games/reshade-geforce-experience/

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
What superb news, great find. All that right under my (clogged lol) nose all along. Will have a good look when I'm next near the pc!

Back
Top Bottom