How did you get your current Windows license?

So far as I know, 8 was never offered as a free upgrade..?
You have a point. I can't remember how I got the key now, I just assumed it was something offered everyone but maybe I was "selected" for a free update. Further research is suggesting it was a free "update" to anyone running Windows 7 Home, Pro or Ultimate. Mine was Ultimate. Worst OS since Vista, a huge leap backwards.

Associate
You have a point. I can't remember how I got the key now, I just assumed it was something offered everyone but maybe I was "selected" for a free update. Further research is suggesting it was a free "update" to anyone running Windows 7 Home, Pro or Ultimate. Mine was Ultimate. Worst OS since Vista, a huge leap backwards.
I actually disagree with that quite strongly - sure, the Start screen was a disaster for them (I liked it but then I'm not emotionally invested in Windows) and the removing the Start button/putting it back was a weird ****-you to the users, but the underlying tech of Windows 8/8.1 was a big improvement over 7. Windows 10 (at launch) really *was* Windows 8.1 with a new shell (in fact, for a while it was rumored that same interface would be rolled into a Windows 8.x release. Most people I know that hated Windows 8.x barely used it, and if they did their complaint was predominantly with the Start screen which was easily replaced with Start8 or similar.

Permabanned
Daughters pc kaput. And i now cant download or burn a win 10 64bit dvd! Got no access to a pc to download or burn a disc!

I dont want to buy Win 10 as i have a legit code to use with the OS.

can buy a usb stick with windows 10 on it off ebay for less than £15.

then once installed you can download win 10 from microsoft and install on the usb if your a bit para about it.

Back
Top Bottom