How do I change my timings?

Associate
I have Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX (2x1GB) CAS2, which has timings of 2-3-3-6.

But when I run CPUZ I get this:

memory.jpg

I went into my BIOS expecting to see some settings to change, but there's a lot more than I expected!

I changed the settings I thought were right, but the comp doesn't even boot.

Can anyone give me a quick guide on how to change the timings on my Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe?

Thanks!

Soldato
First of all, if you know nothing at all, and you have stopped it booting windows by over working it :

Go to load optimised defaults, then save and exit bios....

Start windows, reload CPU-Z again, and see what it says, if its as above then...

Restart, go back into bios, and change CAS Latency to 2 in the "Advanced chipset" or "Memory" settings part of bios, something similar to that, and then find whichever part of the bios has voltage options "PC Health" or "Overclocking" or "Genie" or something like that, and set VDimm voltage to 2.8.

Save and exit, then load windows....

Let me know if you understand that, or cant find the correct settings :)

Associate
OP
Ok I set the Cas Latency to 2, then changed the VDIMM voltage to 2.8, but it still won't boot.

Is this the right section I'm in?

membios.jpg

I took this after I reset the bios again, that's why it's back to auto.

Associate
OP
jellybeard999 said:
does it not boot windows ? or not POST ?
When I click "save and exit" the monitor goes into standby mode, but the comp fans keep spinning. I need to then switch it off at the back, cos the front power switch doesn't work.

Associate
OP
I've got it running at 2.5,3,3,6 now, with everything else set to auto.

Is there anything I can get it to run at CAS2? That's what its supposed to be...

Soldato
Don't have that board, but been using Asus and some figures/items look familiar...

First you want Command Rate @ 1T. Go back into BIOS & change User Config Mode to Manual (Advanced > CPU Configuration > Memory Configuration > Memory Timing Configuration), then CMD-ADDR Timing Mode to 1T. Also change Burst Length to 8 Beats from 4! Save & Reboot & see if PC works :)

For CAS Latency (CL) 2.0 you might need to up the DDR Voltage (Advanced > JumperFree Configuration) :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks hp7909.

I've got the command rate set to 1T now. My burst rate was already at 4.

But when I tried to change it to CAS2 using 2.8V it still won't boot.

Is this RAM not able to do CAS2 as advertised?

Associate
Paul -C- said:
Thanks hp7909.

I've got the command rate set to 1T now. My burst rate was already at 4.

But when I tried to change it to CAS2 using 2.8V it still won't boot.

Is this RAM not able to do CAS2 as advertised?

let me guess! corsair twin x 2-3-3-6? with amd system?

well 2.5 is best you'll get with amd and corsair, they only run cas 2 on intel cpu systems.

Soldato
AceCard said:
let me guess! corsair twin x 2-3-3-6? with amd system?

well 2.5 is best you'll get with amd and corsair, they only run cas 2 on intel cpu systems.

theyre only RATED to do Cas2.5 ... in my experience, theyve always done 2 on any system... the old PC3500LL was only rated at 2.5, but that used BH5 chips, which we all know could easily do C2 at high FSB on AMD systems

Back
Top Bottom