How do I connect 2x Rel subwoofers to my system?

Associate
I've ordered 2x Rel T7x's

My amplifier is a Nad T778 that I use as 2 channel stereo only

I have the T778 connected to my Emotiva XPA Gen3 power amplifier via preouts

I want the Rel subwoofers to be calibrated via onboard Dirac of my T778

Is it just a case of running RCA cables from Sub1 and sub2 RCA outputs to the Rels?

I'm reading lots about low level and high level connections!, With yellow cables = Confused

This is 100% 2 channel stereo listening

Anyone advise?

:)

Last edited:
Soldato
Use the sub 1 and sub 2 out. Disable the Rel's own crossover. . Replace those teeny tiny Rel's with a real sub -6dB 30hz...that means 40hz response typically. Those aren't subwoofers.

£1000 each? ermmm can you say overpriced?

Don't use high level.

Then set bass management, mains to higher than the speakers low bass response or higher (so if your speakers say 45hz-20khz, set to small 50hz or higher) , then the sub in the avr to the same.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The subs compliment my mains (Tannoy precision 6.4)...in looks and I got a great deal on both Rels together for £1400

I don't want huge bass, just controlled and Rels are great at this.

The bass in my Tannoys is a little boomey

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah for music you don't need 4 x 21" drivers but they're still expensive for what they are barely going lower than floorstanders you own in fact your speakers go lower.

There are other options for less money, with subs that go lower .

What about couple of bk xls300, or svs sb1000 pro?

What other subs did you look at?

Associate
OP
I agree with you totally, but I can afford them, love the look over any other subwoofer. I will have crossovers so the subs are working more than my floorstanders.

My floorstanders go lower, but the bass on them isn't the cleanest, so the Rels will not only improve on the bass, I believe they will open the soundstage up more in my lounge, taking the grunt off my Tannoys, as my Tannoys bass seems to lesson the current soundstage as it dampenes, vocals etc.

My Tannoys are end game speakers that I love. I also bought iso-acoustic feet for £500, so I'm that daft type of guy.

With the Rels + feet + Dirac, if I can create 10% improvement I will be happy for life.

But logically you are 100% correct :)

I'm just in love with my speakers and the look of the Rels and size keeps the wife happy as well

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom