How Do I Get Rid Of PC APP Store

Associate
I mistakenly installed PC APP Store which bombarded be with adverts and took over my browser. I installed the free version of Malwarebyes which quarantined all of the trash and restored my PC and browser.

PC APP Store no longer appears in the App List when I click Start/Apps, but when I go to Settings/Installed Apps it is still there and the uninstall button is greyed out. How can I uninstall this nuisance and totally remove it from my PC. I have deleted the files that were quarantined by Malwarebytes?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Tried Revo and it cannot find the App. Tried typing the name in the search field of the uninstaller and got no results. The Scan option only appears when you select the junk file cleaner and it removed dozens if not hundreds of temp files, but PC App Store is still showing in my Settings/Installed Apps list.

Associate
This might be madness but you could try re-installing PC App store and then run Revo uninstaller. It might find the programme and all the bits left behind. I have no Idea if it would work but if you have nothing to lose it might be worth a shot.

Last edited:
Associate
It just occurred to me a less mad option could be using CCleaner. It has an uninstall tool that can delete programmes from the installed apps without going through the normal uninstall. Go to tools > Uninstall > Select PC App and then delete. I think this will do what you want.

Soldato
You could give this a try.

Windows Installer CleanUp Utility 7.2​

I have used it in the past

Or Another is O and O App Buster

But as some have said the only way to make sure its fully gone is a clean install or restore an image to a time before this happen

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Solved, I had to find the folder in the registry and delete it. Nothing else worked or found it including, Revo, Everything, Ccleaner, Adwcleaner, Minitoolbox.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom