how do i make me the administrator??

Associate
This might be off topic but i have downloaded ATI 7.6 video drivers, removed old drivers first then run 7.6.

I am running .net framwork 2.0, now when i go to access the ati control pannel a sing comes onto screen that says "you do not have permission to access control pannel Please contact your administrator".

I have removed cat 3 times now plus went to .net framwork 3.0 but still no good, I have put this qustion to the graphics forum but had no joy.

Could someone give me a step by step guid please.

What Operating System are you using?

Generally you go to the control panel, and open up User Accounts, locate your account and alter the permissions.

You don't say what version of Windows you are running, but in essense you need todo the same. Log off as 'you' and then log on with the username 'administrator' and the administrator password. Now in Windows XP you have to have set up an adminstrator password to install Windows.

Vista is a little different.The person who sets up Vista is automatically an Adminstrator, so log in with the details for the person who installed Vista.

For completeness, once logged in as an Adminstrator, go to Control Panel. and choose 'Users'. From there you can change the tywe of account each person has as well as cretae or delete users.

Back
Top Bottom