How do i stop this?

Associate
So i don't know if this is the right place to post this but i don't know where else to post it
the problem im having is i formatted my computer the other day with a clean install of windows and before that i had no viruses or anything and since i did the format when ever i go on the internet using chrome or firefox its happend on both, i will click something on a website lets say overclockers and i click pc coponnents it will load another website for me and i have to spam the back button to go back to overclockers, i have done 3 full pc scans today using norton 360 and it has found nothing, i have also installed Malwarebytes premium and i have done around 10 scans now and its found nothing, it had a few things pop up that i quarantined then deleted to remove it but the problem still happens i have tried a few other programes that i have now deleted but nothing is being found and its getting awfuly anoying now as i cant find the fix please please help thank you

Soldato
only 3 possibilities that I can see.

- Dodgy copy of windows with adware installed (don't really know if that's a thing)

- You have installed installed something containing adware

- Russian hackers

Id probably just reinstall windows again, being mindful of the drivers and programs I installed last time, as one of them probably did the damage.

Caporegime
Malwarebytes Anti malware tool with immediate effect. Full scan. Sounds like you didn't install all updates before browsing your dodgy sites.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Get rid of Norton, usually causes more problems than it solves. Get into Safe Mode, scan with Malwarebytes and let it do it's thing. Consider downloading something like Avast or AVG too.

Failing the above, Windows Recovery back to a point that was okay or reinstall Windows after wiping the drive(s)...

Back
Top Bottom