How do you edit Windows 7 game shortcuts?

Permabanned
As title, want to change Crysis shortcut in games folder to default to 32bit and not 64bit but theres no option to edit this so how do you do it?

Permabanned
OP
the .exe program file of the game

I'm trying to change the shortcut in the games folder in windows 7 so that starts the Crysis.exe in the bin32 folder, how will changing the Crysis64.exe solve anything?

You used to be able to simply edit this in windows vista. I'm really not sure you guys understand what i'm asking. :(

Could you not just right-click the game .exe file in the Program File (x86) and select send to - shortcut?

I don't want to create a desktop shortcut.

Soldato
This is assuming Win7 Games folder is similar to Vista... and that I understand what you are trying to do.

Right click the game, then pick customize from the list, in the customize dialog box click the play command you want to edit then click edit. Then you get the shortcut properties like you would normally.

Soldato
This is assuming Win7 Games folder is similar to Vista... and that I understand what you are trying to do.

Right click the game, then pick customize from the list, in the customize dialog box click the play command you want to edit then click edit. Then you get the shortcut properties like you would normally.

Doesn't work under 7, although there is a workaround.

It is possible to edit the shortcuts and even add extra ones yourself.

The shortcuts for all users game explorer is in
\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\GameExplorer

The shortcuts for current user are in (which is where shortcuts you manually dragged to the Game Explorer will be)
Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\GameExplorer

In both cases they are in folders with a {GUID} key, but if you open those and then \PlayTasks\0\ there will be a shortcut to the game which is editable.

Permabanned
OP

Yay somebody who understands!, that's how I used to do it in vista, I havent got that option in Windows 7 which why i'm asking.

Doesn't work under 7, although there is a workaround.

It is possible to edit the shortcuts and even add extra ones yourself.

The shortcuts for all users game explorer is in
\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\GameExplorer

The shortcuts for current user are in (which is where shortcuts you manually dragged to the Game Explorer will be)
Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\GameExplorer

In both cases they are in folders with a {GUID} key, but if you open those and then \PlayTasks\0\ there will be a shortcut to the game which is editable.

Thanks, i'll give that a try now.

Back
Top Bottom