How do you organise your mobile phone photos?

Associate
Hi all

Interested to know how you organise, store, back up and view your photos. Obviously my question is directed to those who take a lot of pics on their phones on holiday, during special occasions etc

Me and my wife both have Iphones and have ended up with years of pictures, thousands, on our Iphones. We usually take pics on both of our Iphones. Connect to Mac and drag them over to the computer into designated folders 'Budapest' or 'Christmas 2019' etc. Then delete them from Iphone.

Then back up the Mac via external hard drive.

A particular annoyance is that if you move pics into albums on your iphone, they still all apear in your camera roll. And I cant drag the contents of an Iphone folder onto my Mac, I have to select the pics individually.

Also - Think I should be using an online backup option such as google photos?

Viewing - Wife is keen on making printed albums. Im thinking its better to go down a 'digital album' route via an ipad or similar?

Associate
OP
Can I upload to google photos from all devices? So if I have a bunch of pics on my iPhone. And a bunch on my Mac.

What’s about short video clips made on my iPhone when on holiday? Can I upload them too and will they slot into date order also? Same as scrolling through iPhone camera roll?

Associate
OP
I have a temp / landing folder on my PC where I dump my phone and digicam photos, then they're arranged by date. If they were taken around 25th December for example, I know that they will be Christmas photos. Then I'll cut and paste them into a more relevant folder. Family, home, friends, clubbing, technology etc.

Then I have 2 backups at any given time onto external 2.5" hard drives. On-site and off-site.

Thats pretty much what we are doing. Taking pics on both my Iphone and wifes. Once in a while downloading them to Mac and putting them in relavent folders. Hopefully when we add 'Holiday 2019' from my phone and 'Holiday 2019' from my wifes phone the pics will automatically be sorted by created date and time. Else it will be a real mess and not at all chronological.

I was looking for a better/faster system than this - hence the thread. Surly backing up online is easier/faster/more flexible than faffing about with two hard drives, one of which you have to keep off site?!

Back
Top Bottom