how do you play games?

ne0

ne0

Associate
  • Online FPS - mouse/keyboard - most single player I use a ps5 controller as it's more chill. ~2ft from 35inch ultrawide - it's on an arm so I can pull that bad boy towards me and angle it how I want.
  • Daily check of windows updates before i game...yeah and regular defrag, etc lol
  • Drink is either tea, can of coke or beer out the mini fridge
  • Wireless headphones w. Dolby Atmos
  • MSI afterburner running to use undervolted 3090 settings, with minimal overlay - SAME
I never eat whilst gaming as don't want to make gear dirty.
No idea why people have films and other stuff on when gaming...how can you possibly take in a film whilst playing a game? Never understood that. When I game I want to be immersed.

Man of Honour
Just console gaming these days. XSX or PS5 depending on the game.

Reclining chair level with TV
55’ TV, about 5ft away
Controller
TB 700gen2 headphones for XSX or Pulse 3D for PS5.
Climate controlled room. Absolutely brilliant after long gaming sessions or in the summer months.

I’ve never enjoyed gaming as much. It’s been a long time since I’ve completed so many games, it’s just such a comfy and relaxing setup. Too tired for competitive stuff these days.

I still have my PC, mainly for work and still waiting for some titles on there like The Universim to release.

Last edited:
Associate
Not just for gaming-
Kronenbourg branded official pint glass full of lager (preferably Kronenbourg 1664)-check
back up can of lager-check
bites-check
co-op uniform off-check
headphones connected-check
mouse connected- check
external storage connected-check
Corsair k55 connected (depending on circumstances)-check
smartphone-check
Salbutomol inhaler (preferably)within easy reach- check
Windows based tablet PC (for notes)-check
No pain-check

My ideal gear connected
  • Graphics tablet
  • Printer/scanner/copier
  • adx mouse
  • cd drive
  • usb music keyboard
  • K55 Corsair keyboard
  • USB laptop lamp
  • External USB SSD drive
  • HOTAS joystick
  • SD card reader
  • Headphones
Why can't somebody make a joypad that also doubles as a mouse?

Last edited:
Soldato
Converted PC joystick working as a TTCA. Big comfy leather swivel recliner chair, vino collapso.

V F

V F

Soldato
Just console gaming these days. XSX or PS5 depending on the game.

Reclining chair level with TV
55’ TV, about 5ft away
Controller
TB 700gen2 headphones for XSX or Pulse 3D for PS5.
Climate controlled room. Absolutely brilliant after long gaming sessions or in the summer months.

I’ve never enjoyed gaming as much. It’s been a long time since I’ve completed so many games, it’s just such a comfy and relaxing setup. Too tired for competitive stuff these days.

I still have my PC, mainly for work and still waiting for some titles on there like The Universim to release.

How's the PS5 controller? I've heard it's very nice more so the haptic feedback.

Associate
27" 1440p monitor
switch between keyboard mouse, and joypad depending on game ( mostly keyboard/mouse for online fps...controller for singleplayer and for some reason halo online as better for me in that game)
sat close to monitor, can touch it if i put my arm out in front of me
always use a headset(astro A10) as find gaming more immersive then
dolby atmos app..i find this does make quite a bit of difference to the sound and is better using it than not
old office chair lol really need to buy a better gaming type chair

Man of Honour
How's the PS5 controller? I've heard it's very nice more so the haptic feedback.

I find the Xbox controller more comfortable to use, but the haptic feedback of the PS5 controller is really impressive when utilised well and more and more games seem to be using it. The time you factor in the touch pad, motion control, haptic feedback and triggers it blows the Xbox controller away.

Caporegime
32" 170Hz 1440p monitor;
Kb+mouse (very rarely use the Xbox 360 controller but useful if required);
headphones;
water bottle on desk;
the door closed if recording.

Back
Top Bottom