How do you translate this?

Associate
On-Site-Customer-Exchange Service:
Dispatch of a replacement unit best case within forty eight (48) hrs (weekend or bank holiday excluded) after initial call at the call desk/service centre. Dispatch of the replacement unit and collection of the defective unit will be free of charge.

I am new to onsite warrenty, but they send me a replacement unit and all I need to do is to return the defective unit - does that mean I can keep the replacement unit?

I have heard that this is normaly what it means, and you can be lucky to get a good replacement and other times you need to return a couple before you get a replacement that suits you.

I just feel almost too lucky with my replacement, as I had a 20" LCD, and because they didn't have a 20" replacement in stock I got a 23" replacement instead. It's a monitor that costs the double of the original one, but the phone call and instructions does not mention that this is just a borrow monitor - am I that lucky?

The one I got is probably refurbed, but looks almost new, with no pixel errors, bleeding problems, odd colors or anything in that direction - it actually smells new when I turn it on (gotta love that smell)..

The company is Viewsonic (sorry if I am not allowed to mention that).

Yeah, the replacement is yours to keep, they don't fix your old one and bring it back. If they sent you something bigger it's because the exact model you had wasn't available. As for sending just the monitor and not the cable/manuals, that's also normal, as you should already have them (although in this case the cables/manual you have are for a different model).

One thing though, if the replacement were to break, chances are they would send you a 20" replacement, assuming they had them in stock by then, rather than another 23". That's my guess anyway.

I am about to return the defect unit, and I still haven't found anything mentioning me NOT to include cables and accesories.

I am not good at english, but I am almost sure the woman at the call line said "Only monitor - no cables or accesories"..

Can anyone confirm I should only return the monitor and keep the rest - anyone tried it?

TIA

Back
Top Bottom