how does death detection work?

Soldato
OP
Seems like a solvable problem. Pay monthly fee to a company, they set you up with a bunch of sensors that detect your life (kettle boiling, phone unlocked, etc), when it seems like life has stopped then it can ramp up the actions based on how you configure it, messaging you, then your family, then your doctor, etc. Sound like a viable business?

Soldato
Smart watch detects heartbeat for fitness apps and has either its own cellular modem or piggybacks off a nearby mobile phone when not connected to a WiFi access point.

Should be a piece of **** to code an app that messages a named person and/or alerts the emergency services if no heartbeat is detected while the watch is skill in contact with the owner.

Soldato
On my street there are a few neighbors that have lived there perhaps decades. There was an old man at the end of the road I'd see walking up very slowly every now and then. Just after Christmas the neighbors must have realized they'd not seen him for a little while. They may have had a key but waited for police to arrive before going in. Sure enough an hour later there's a private ambulance on the street and he's being wheeled out in a bag bless him.

Man of Honour
The smell

Not necessarily. I had a near-neighbour die some years ago, and everyone who noticed the smell thought it was much the same as always came from her house. She was dead at least five weeks before the body was discovered. Generally, it's owing money that gets your death noticed. In this case, failure to pay rent.

Soldato
I remember reading a story about a truck driver who was out in Europe and had a heart attack and was in there for days. Company didn't even pay to get him brought back into the country.

Imagine being a driver being sent out there to recover the truck. Pretty grim.
What about the lady that crashed in scotland, police were informed but didn't go and check it out for days.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...uple-lain-car-wreck-scotland-days-bannockburn

Soldato
On one site i worked in 2000's:

Wife called the site as hubby hadn't turned up from work and his tea was getting cold. Went down to his work area and he'd had a heart attack/stroke - didn't make it.

As part of our job we had Sy Checks at around 9pm and 3am. Went into bosses office for 3am check and he was slumped over his desk. Heart attack - did make it. That one was a shock for a young lad to find!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom