• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How far down can you downvolt the rtx 4090?

Hmm, ok I'll have to wait for the 4080 or maybe 4070 then.

Maybe I'll try AMD too, but not sure because I do machine learning on the side, so I'd need at least pytorch etc... to work with amd without too much of a performance loss (hopefully no quality loss).

I'm playing with an undervolt overclock of +280 capped at 0.975 which gives me 2835 MHz. I've set the power limit to 60% too.

Last edited:
So I'd like to get the best GPU money can buy, but I hate how much power it uses, and out of principle, I would not like to use a GPU above 200W.

So I was wondering if you can just downvolt it to around 200W? Is it possible? I heard at some point it starts stuttering if you set it too low with the power limit option, and someone else said it has a limit of 300W with voltage curve.

Anyone tried going down that low without any weird issues etc...?

Sewerino, is that you?

So I'd like to get the best GPU money can buy, but I hate how much power it uses, and out of principle, I would not like to use a GPU above 200W.

So I was wondering if you can just downvolt it to around 200W? Is it possible? I heard at some point it starts stuttering if you set it too low with the power limit option, and someone else said it has a limit of 300W with voltage curve.

Anyone tried going down that low without any weird issues etc...?

The 4090 can't go any lower than 0.95v

Back
Top Bottom