• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

how hot do 1070's run?

Permabanned
I have a friend thats wants my fury x for his ITX build and offered me his MSI 1070 turbo.
its an overclocked 1070 with MSI's reference cooler fitted.

My case is a metallic gear neo g mini its not the best for cooling but not the worst i have had.
What sort of temps would i expect to see of a reference 1070?

Man of Honour
I'd imagine in that scenario temperatures will likely flatline around the mid 70s with dropping 1-2 speed bins (2-3% performance probably) compared to better cooling.

Soldato
Mine pegged at 82 degrees, but the fan sounded like a gas turbine, and I couldn't see the monitor clearly due to the heat haze.
I ended up sticking a Morpheus II cooler on it and a couple of Noctuas. Not that you've got the room to do that.

Man of Honour
would mid 70's run the fan flat out?

i game with an headset on so if the fans not flat out i would be happy to crank it a little.

I suspect the posters above are more correct - it will likely with the reference cooler in the case you mentioned probably pegged at the thermal limit (82C) with fairly high fan speed. I was basing my estimation on an AIB 3x fan in a Corsair 240.

Back
Top Bottom