• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How log till MSRP ?

Associate
Make your bets !

The date the first non FE card comes in at MSRP + cooling solution at the **correct price.

** we know how much materials and production cost plus a fair profit in a normal world

-- Winner will get the satisfaction of knowing they were correct --

Associate
OP
With world economics at the minute your living in a dream

My suppliers are increasing prices month on month with 10-50% increases mostly down to component and raw material shortages

Add on container shortages and increased costs expect everything to have extra on it soon

Also covid outside our bubble is running rampant again

How does that work ? Are you stuck with the inflated cost or can you send the goods back and get them again at the market price (rebate?).

Associate
OP
You really think GPU prices will drop a lot in a few months?
The old market saying is the cure for high prices is higher prices.
How will they overcome the GPU shortage in such a short amount of time, NOT enough new cards to go around.

I don't believe the demand is at the same level now with mining profitability waning the value of the cards is significantly less, this dissuades scalpers (especially with the current retail pricing), second hand prices will drop, there's 1000s of RTX 30 series cards at silly prices (over 600 listings for 3060's alone), same with 20 series. Maybe miners start selling cards to get CMP HX. Just as quickly as it started I hope it will end.

Associate
OP
Tbf I just bought one today for £568 :D

Nice, what flavour did u get ?

35wqpll.mp4

Associate
OP
It's not a good sign when people are impressed by someone being able to buy a card at the top of the budget range for "only" £568 because they're usually much more expensive than that.

Sure, it's a great budget graphics card. It's probably what I would be buying if prices were reasonable or even close to MSRP. But it's a budget graphics card and £568 is not a good price for a budget graphics card.

i agree, its insane what gamers will accept as a good price, for myself thats a ridiculous price, and thats the reason why prices have started to slow, because gamers cant resist. but once all these folk are out the way prices will fall faster for us that want normal prices, so let them carry on buying for time being and we will reap benefits:D

It's not about being impressed, its about not wanting to **** on someones bonfire when they have made a purchase that they feel was value enough for them :(

I am keenly watching the market, look at my signature !

Associate
OP
Actively encouraging something is exactly that - actively encouraging something. You were acting as if you were impressed, which is what counts as long as you manage to fool people who see your response (which is easily done in this context and you succeeded in doing so).

I have disabled signatures on these forums. Why read the same couple of lines hundreds of times?

What are you talking about oh almighty god of the internetz who can discern someones meaning and intent from a single word. I know what I said and I know why I said it, stop projecting your negativity on to me.

Those who have a little consideration for other peoples personalisations on this forum can see that I still have a GTX 970... by choice.. would you like to explain to everyone what I mean't by 'choice' ? you have more context than a single word to work with this time so it should be very easy for you.

\f:\b!tchm0de.ps1 -disable

:cry::cry:

Associate
OP
I referred to your positivity. You actively expressed your encouragement and approval of paying £568 for a budget graphics card. You're clearly very competent with English, so I think it's fair to assume you understood what you wrote. This negativity you've now made up is a fiction.

Nope, you attributed your own meaning to my 'word' and placed a negative connotation on it. It's ok, I forgive you.

KDt3dK2.gif

EDIT : At the end of the day you can take what you like from it, it was meant for @smeemi and I hope that he enjoys his new GPU :D

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I also hope they enjoy their new graphics card, but that's irrelevant to whether or not it's a good sign that people are impressed by someone having the chance to buy a budget graphics card for "only" £568 because the price of graphics cards is so inflated that even budget cards usually cost even more than that.

So now you're going to ignore most of your own post (#144, which I replied to before you added the animation and the second sentence). Well, at least you're being consistent.

And you're still arguing with yourself ?

Associate
OP
Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.. and get on your with life, rather than wasting your time with looking for GPUs every hour of the day. I prefer my time than money. Anyway, I'm glad I didn't pay a scalper.. could call the retailer one but they could have added £100 to it and it still would have sold out easily. One retailer had 8 of them for £749.99, all sold out over 3 days.

I can't bring myself to do it, i'm too stubborn, especially when it comes to money and tech. They just aren't worth that much and having a big family that £150-250 surplus has more value than ME being able to play the latest AAA titles with smoking hot graphics. On top of that I'm not the only gamer in the house who needs a new GPU, another kid wants a gaming PC for chrimbo...

I have a GPU budget of £420.. it's 3060ti or nothing :mad:

... you never know next month it could be "Cancel the school trips ! Daddy's going ray traced !!"

Associate
OP
Can we class the 6600 launch @ 'MSRP' the answer to this ?

Personally I don't think the card is worth the asking price. It's a £200-250 card priced up to extract the maximum from the current market.

Back
Top Bottom