• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How log till MSRP ?

Associate
Make your bets !

The date the first non FE card comes in at MSRP + cooling solution at the **correct price.

** we know how much materials and production cost plus a fair profit in a normal world

-- Winner will get the satisfaction of knowing they were correct --

Caporegime
End of 2022. Some level of disruption to last all the rest of this year and next year too.

As said above, you won't get FE prices, but you might get FE + $100 or so, which is considerably less than today.

Soldato
I'd be astonished at less than 6 months, quite possibly 12. Or never.

But as above, with the Chinese ban on mining, we might see a hard drop over the next few months that brings us more than half of the way back to normality. Probably take a very long time to fully tail off however.

Associate
With world economics at the minute your living in a dream

My suppliers are increasing prices month on month with 10-50% increases mostly down to component and raw material shortages

Add on container shortages and increased costs expect everything to have extra on it soon

Also covid outside our bubble is running rampant again

Associate
In this market, when the next generation is released and they want to clear out this generation. Which has the potential to hurt PC gaming as it was possible to order a Xbox series X today at MRSP for several hours, why buy a 6700xt for £700+ when the Xbox is so much cheaper?

Associate
OP
With world economics at the minute your living in a dream

My suppliers are increasing prices month on month with 10-50% increases mostly down to component and raw material shortages

Add on container shortages and increased costs expect everything to have extra on it soon

Also covid outside our bubble is running rampant again

How does that work ? Are you stuck with the inflated cost or can you send the goods back and get them again at the market price (rebate?).

Associate
How does that work ? Are you stuck with the inflated cost or can you send the goods back and get them again at the market price (rebate?).

Ok what I sell are parts to the haulage industry and all the parts are going up in price month on month with large shortages and breaks in supply

all of these costs will be passed down the chain over time

as for sending them back its not that kind of situation without the items I sell everything would stop in this country

and lots of the items are bespoke parts with a locked supply chain made under patent

a good example is pallets 2 years ago you could move a europallet for £40-60 now your looking £80-120 a bay

Soldato
My guess is Spring '22; by the time the miners really take a hit it will be the holiday season so even less of a reason to drop the price, then it will take a second for them to go down. I'm guessing the MSRPs will go up a lot more for next-gen (RDNA 3 etc) though. Never mind the rampant inflation also...

Soldato
We wont. Fabs are behind on everything - Ford (for example) has thousands of F150 pick ups , waiting for computers so they can drive; Mercedes have a 1 year lead time for a new A series with the wifi charging pads (and other computer parts). Boeing and Airbus are both slowing down aircraft production due to lack of computers. The fabs are flat out making everything they can and demand is still an order of magnitude above capacity. 2024 before the next TSMC fab is open in Arizona (Intel are installing7nm machines in Ireland). Also TSMC have now said they wont build a fab in the EU - so it`ll be down to Samsung or even if the EU will fund GloFo to return to leading edge.,

Associate
My guess would be: when intel brings new gpu to market and it will be reasonably powerful. Competition in gpu market sux at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom