How long can you keep duck for?!

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
It'll be fine in something like a stir fry. Just make sure it's hot all the way through.

I usually keep cooked poultry for 4 days and if it's on the 5th day I'll only use it in things like pie fillings where it'll be in the heat for a long time :)

Soldato
I don't understand meat - can anyone explain why I can hang freshly shot ducks in my garage for 2 weeks and it still be fine to eat, but shop bought duck will go off after a week, and be dubious once cooked after 3 days?

Soldato
I don't understand meat - can anyone explain why I can hang freshly shot ducks in my garage for 2 weeks and it still be fine to eat, but shop bought duck will go off after a week, and be dubious once cooked after 3 days?

Freshly shot and hung can last if the temperature is stable i.e. in a garage.
This is then cooked to eliminate any surface bact. That's why we can do this to whole meat, not mince.

Cooked meat, unless you nuke it to temperature as you've done with fresh meat (and completely rubberise the cook meat), you risk bacteria growth that survived and can cause an stomach upset.

And to the OP, dice it up, pan fry it crisp then drop them in to a nice egg fried rice (with diced pineapple too!) Delicious.

Back
Top Bottom