How long does a new UK passport take ?

Associate
IM going away for a few days in Holland end of november, ideally id like to send it off and pay for the passport on sept 15th, ive never had one so will be my first. Gives me roughly 8-9 weeks. Will i most likely get it back in that time ? Ive sent an email off the them but they say about 3 days for a response, wondered if someone might help me on here, if its a case of no, ill send it off sooner.

Cheers.

Soldato
For a first passport your pushing it - they will naturally take longer and are much more picky on corrections. Plus I believe the delays are hitting new signups the most.

Make sure you do the Post Office check and send.

Permabanned
IM going away for a few days in Holland end of november, ideally id like to send it off and pay for the passport on sept 15th, ive never had one so will be my first. Gives me roughly 8-9 weeks. Will i most likely get it back in that time ? Ive sent an email off the them but they say about 3 days for a response, wondered if someone might help me on here, if its a case of no, ill send it off sooner.

Cheers.

at the moment, 8-9 weeks would be quick for a brand new passport.

Associate
I recently got my 4 month old son's passport, so it was obvs a first passport.

We did the forms online, and including having the original passport photo rejected and resending a new one, it all took less than 3 weeks.

Granted this is a passport for baby, so i don;t know whether it's quicker than a new adult. It was quicker than I was expecting.

That said, don;t get slack.... get your application in straight away.

Commissario
So question is, if i sent it off now, would i recieve it in time ? or should i just cancel the trip
Nobody can answer that with any accuracy. All anyone can advise is to get the application in as soon as you possibly can. Don't delay and make sure you use the Post Office check and send service.

Associate
OP
I know but they then set on a bunch of staff and holiday season is coming to a close. Just been offered a new job in past hour, so money isnt an issue now, ill send it off in the next few days

It wasnt an issue anyway im just tight

Back
Top Bottom