How long to get used to wearing glasses for first time ?

Soldato
I had my eye's tested at specsavers and picked up my first ever pair of glasses a few days ago..

This is the first time I ever wore glasses and am I finding it impossible to keep them on for very as it so blurry/fuzzy it makes my eyes hurt...

My eyes were hurting so much from wearing these glasses yesterday that I was just thinking of giving up the idea of wearing glasses.

How long does it normally take to get used to wearing a pair of glasses for first time ?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
maybe get re-tested by a different person. Something does not sound quite right.
I was thinking of going to boots to get a test done so I could compare it to the specsavers test results

My specsavers test
R +0.50 -0.75 90.0 +1.50
L +0.50 -0.75 100.0 +1.50

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Getting used to it in the sense of walking, feeling like my legs were tiny, and them being on my face took several weeks though.
I ine walking fine..

I went out driving last night and kept on taking them off & on and noticed how much clearer/sharper everything was without wearing...(Apart from my dash clocks where clearer with them on)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
at that sort of level you really shouldn't be feeling off - get right back in there and describe whats happening. Sounds like they've messed up something like the PD (distance between your eyes) which will make you feel pretty sick if its wrong.

They should do this without complaint or charge.

I wouldn't bother getting a second opinion unless they don't fix it in a timely manner. its worth nothing that even if you do get annother check it may well vary slightly...
I just been back to specsavers and explained what happening and they said it could be just my eyes need more time to get used to the glasses..

They Told me not to wear them anymore at all today but put them on tomorrow and wear them over the weekend and if there no better then go back to see them on Monday..

Soldato
OP
Based on this, they should certainly not look fuzzy, my overwhelming memory is the utter clarity and "omg" feeling of the detail that i could see.
Maybe I used the wrong word when I said fuzzy.

Out of focus would be far more correct way of explaining it..
I can see my eye auto correcting the focus all the time like you would on a camera..(It really weird as I watch my eyes bring stuff into focus)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
He's got + prescription with astigmatism = reading glasses. You're not trying to walk around with them on, right?
Not there not reading glasses

There Tailor-made varifocal lenses
https://www.specsavers.co.uk/glasses/lens-options

Just been trying them again for 10 minutes
Notice looking through the top part of them is clear & fine and the bottom close range part is fine & clear but looking through the middle part is out of focus

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks for all the replies guys..

Going be annoying because if I do need new lenses I no have them for Christmas as it takes about 10+ days for them to do the lenses and postage time..

Soldato
OP
Please don’t get me wrong, maybe it’s me, but I couldn’t make sense of that, I tried to guess what you might mean, but substituting other words, but I’m still not sure.
I can't make any sense of what I wrote there either...:D

Think you failed to notice I wrote that post almost 2 years ago...:p

Back
Top Bottom