How many days off work do you get a year?

Caporegime
At my last job I worked 14 of a 28 day cycle. My rota was 4 nights, 4 off, 3 days, 3 nights, 4 off, 4 days, 6 off. It was 12 hour shifts, both day and night, and the shift rota took nothing in to consideration. I worked Christmas Eve nights, I worked New Year's eve nights, made no difference.

As nice as the free time was, it was usually on weekdays when everyone else was working. It sucked. Never again.

Soldato
Contractor so the past two years it's been about 10-12 days off depending on xmas which is totally my own choice. However next year I'm taking about a months worth depending on work as I'd like a 2 week summer hol.

As an aside, i now hate Bank holidays as my office closes so I cram an extra days worth of work into the other 4 just to keep my hours up.

Soldato
... As an aside, i now hate Bank holidays as my office closes so I cram an extra days worth of work into the other 4 just to keep my hours up.

At my company, contractors get given remote VPN access, so there is no reason why a contractor has to forfeit working on a public holiday when the rest of the employees are not at work.

Associate
Only 20 days a year here plus p/h. However, any untaken holiday will continue to accrue in the next year. Im one of those sad people that doesnt take much time off. Currently up to 37 days and i have hit my 10 year long service this month, so get another 12 weeks added on. Another 6 weeks added again for every 5 more years of long service.
All i have to do now is figure out how and when im going to use them! I did joke with the boss that starting from the 1st Jan 2017 i could potentially only have to work every other week for the whole of 2017. Not sure that's going to get approved.

Soldato
I get 280 hours. I work 39 hours per week. So about 36 days holiday per year. I tend to work Bank Holidays unless they land on my day off.

Back
Top Bottom