How Many Games do you “own” digitally ?

Soldato
I’ve got an Xbox one X . Just had a look at my games Library. Atm I’m on 165 games that are permanently linked to my account , thanks to either buying or games I get to keep forever with Live Gold membership.

First registered purchase 12/11/2010

What’s everybody else’s total ?

Last edited:
Associate
I think I have only bought few fifas from the ps5 store for the fact that you can’t really resale it if you bought the physical copy.

I used to always think physical copies are they way to go but from what I see with the PS4/ ps5 it seems that all the data of games need to be downloaded rather than being on the disc. Take modern warfare for example 45gb on disc another 155gb needs to be downloaded. Makes the idea of having a disc version a bit pointless.

Associate
I think I have only bought few fifas from the ps5 store for the fact that you can’t really resale it if you bought the physical copy.

I used to always think physical copies are they way to go but from what I see with the PS4/ ps5 it seems that all the data of games need to be downloaded rather than being on the disc. Take modern warfare for example 45gb on disc another 155gb needs to be downloaded. Makes the idea of having a disc version a bit pointless.

Resale value.

Soldato
Well I had intended to go 100% disc this generation due to cost and resale, but after learning today that Microsoft have blocked disc sharing between two consoles in the same household, looks like I'm stuck with digital :(

It's a joke paying £50 for a £20 game

Soldato
Well I had intended to go 100% disc this generation due to cost and resale, but after learning today that Microsoft have blocked disc sharing between two consoles in the same household, looks like I'm stuck with digital :(

It's a joke paying £50 for a £20 game

How can you block moving a disc from one console to another

Soldato
How can you block moving a disc from one console to another

Something to do with DRM I assume? God knows, I thought the license for the game was ON the disc lol

This is the message which comes up. It only works on my xbox. If I put the disc in my sons console is says:

"Do you own this game or app? If you have a game disc, insert it now. If you bought this online, make sure you're signed in to xbox live. If you don't have rights for playing it, you'll need to get it at the Microsoft Store. (0x803F8001)"

Unless it's the usual Microsoft buggy code?

Soldato
I originally owned at least 30 on my xbox 360 but a lo tare not there now on my xbox series S.

On the PS3/4 I own digitally probably 3 dozen or so games, on steam probably 200 or so.

Soldato
I've been digital for a while because I can't be bothered with the hassle of dealing with discs, that and I play very few games that any cost/resale difference is minimal. As a result I've now got the PS5 digital console. On PSN I've probably got 30-40 games I've actually played/bought, rest PS Plus etc.

However it is annoying when digital copies are more expensive than physical on launch, and don't as quickly reduce in price like physical.

Caporegime
None? digital games are not classed as personal property are they? it's like asking someone who rents multiple houses how many houses they own when they are just paying for access.

Associate
About 350-400 on PC and maybe 15-20 on PS.

I still stick to physical for consoles since digital is rarely cheaper and has no resale value.

Soldato
Close to 400 on PS of mostly PS+ and sales. 200+ on Switch, again mostly sales on indies. No idea on XB not had one for a while. Same with Steam I don't use it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom