How many of you have switched to Visual Studio Code?

Soldato
OP
I use it for Angular dev however I still use full Visual Studio for c#/.net core/MVC etc as its not really suited to those so much.

I'm transitioning into JS, CSS and HTML. Along with doing blockchain work which will require both server and desktop dev. Probably in Rust on the server side and C# Core for desktop stuff.

I'm hoping Visual Studio Code can cope.

Soldato
OP
I actually haven't tried it yet. I really must. A couple of years ago I took a decision to get a subscription to Jebrains All Products license and their tools cover every language I need. But I really should try VS Code to see whether I could switch to it to save money.

I went with Jetbrains because I wanted a consistent IDE across all languages rather than using plugins which might work differently for each language. But I think it's worth trying VSC.

I did the same as you but am slowly moving over to Visual Studio Code as I can set it up quickly on any computer and the chances are that most of my contributors are using it anyway.

Soldato
OP
Is VSC a good JS editor? I ask as I use Visual Studio Professional at work and it is HORRIFIC for anything to do with HTML or JS. It even completely butchers the layout of ASP.Net Razor pages. Similarly the JS intellisense will mindlessly list every possible method/property contained in any library instead of contextually listing those relevant for the current variable type.

Yes it is good for JS, CSS and HTML.

Back
Top Bottom