How many of you still live with your parents 30+?

Soldato
29, living with my dad.

It's great because it's pretty much a massive man cave and I get saving, but as been said by someone else, things have flown by much faster than i imagined.

My late 20s... where have you gone?

Me and the misses plan to move in to our own place within the next 5 so I'm not too worried. :)

Soldato
I was 19 when I left my parent's house. 10 months later at 20 I moved abroad.

As others have said I also sometimes envy all these people that stay home for so long. Though I still managed to buy my own place with no help from parents. I guess there's a plus side to this as my parents are leaving their place to me since they're supporting my other siblings. :)

Soldato
Moved out and back in 3 times and 28 now, all for financial reasons as my 20s sure have been a roller coaster. Recently moved out of a student place to my dad's as lease was coming to an end and I was having ACL reconstructed so climbing 6 flights of stairs wasn't an ideal scenario and as much anyone hates to admit it needed some help until mobility came back in a few weeks.

To be fair I have it good here but still moving out when I get myself back on my feet fully, physically and financially.

Permabanned
I was kicked out my mom's at 19 moved in with a friend. Then my mom went to the UK to work and me and my sister and her to be husband lived in her house for a few years. Then I moved to the UK and lived in shared houses until the age of 25 when I got my own place. Now 31 and almost out of debt. Once my current lease ends I am probably going to move back in to a shared house with strangers for a few years to try and save up some money for deposit.

Associate
38 and still living at home both for financial and health reasons. I do pay £300 rent and help with general house stuff...cooking, cleaning, washing and the like. I'm lucky in that my parents are still relatively young, under 60, but i'd still like to move out at some point.

There are advantages to living at home but there are also advantages to having your own place and that is something I would actually like to experience at some point.

Associate
I've just turned 24 two weeks ago, had a mortgage since I was 21. I moved out because I wanted independence and responsibilities. I'd rather get my house bought early, so I can pay it off sooner and have known that I got there. Some people I went to school with don't even have jobs yet so, pretty happy with where I am

Man of Honour
I've just turned 24 two weeks ago, had a mortgage since I was 21. I moved out because I wanted independence and responsibilities. I'd rather get my house bought early, so I can pay it off sooner and have known that I got there. Some people I went to school with don't even have jobs yet so, pretty happy with where I am

Mortgage since 21 is pretty insano if buying alone and without help.

Man of Honour
I bought my first place aged 21. My dad moved out at 18 and I lived with my mum until I was 21 then gone. She was happy, I was happy and I get on great with both parents and always have, but my space....I needed it.

Soldato
I bought my first place aged 21. My dad moved out at 18 and I lived with my mum until I was 21 then gone. She was happy, I was happy and I get on great with both parents and always have, but my space....I needed it.

You must have started working really yooung like 16 and able to save 5k a year on your own(5k x 5= 20k for deposit) as a wrough guide.

doable

Soldato
As long as I wasn't in poverty I would rather have little spare cash and live in my own house than be flush and living under my parents roof at that age. I appreciate not everyone has the opportunity however.

This, although it's becoming more and more common.

Unless you're on a decent wage I'd even say it's impossible.

I'd love to have my own house but it's just not happening sadly.

Man of Honour
You must have started working really yooung like 16 and able to save 5k a year on your own(5k x 5= 20k for deposit) as a wrough guide.

doable

My first house was 51K (3 bed detached with a garage!) so 20K was not needed and I suggest I am a generation or 2 different to you. ;)

Man of Honour
Throwing a curve ball in here, my in-laws live with us, works very well, although I can understand probably wouldn't work for everyone.

We each owned our own houses before, and this works better for all of us, but I guess the big difference is we all chose this path rather than it being some form of default.

V F

V F

Soldato
makes sense!

in this day and age who at 21 can get a mortgage without help?

Wow people still live with their parents at that age?!

It seems to be pretty common now. I've been reading endless articles on it. Some even had no choice but to live on the canal boats. Even some lawyers moving back in with their parents.

I thought it was also interesting how it happened to TastyPC since I hadn't seen an episode in a while.

Back
Top Bottom