How many of you use Safari on everything?

Soldato
Ever since I got into the Apple ecosystem I've been using Safari and it is a decent experience. It feels fast and generally gets the job done but I miss the features that Firefox and even Chrome have through addons and I REALLY miss Firefox Containers but I'll just have to learn how to live without that. I'm into web development so I always have every browser installed on my system and Microsoft Edge is surprisingly good. I still use Firefox Developer Edition though for initial designs.

Soldato
OP
I think I need to get used to the shortcut key commands. That would help.

One thing I'd absolutely love is to be able to open a new tab and have the text input field for the URL active so I can do a really quick Google search and then once that is done close and go back to my previous tab. When I've 30 minutes I'll check out the key commands but if anyone has hints or tips then let me know!

Soldato
OP
Anyway, I was correct. cmd-t in Safari opens a new tab and the cursor will be in the correct space for you to search. There's no need to do cmd-l as well.
I actually explored Alfred search configs and got it to work with Reddit, NPM and Docker. Takes you to the right web page in your default browser straightaway.

Soldato
OP
Heh. I'm such an idiot. Figured out how to make the text cursor active in the address bar by default when you open a new tab or window. That makes things so much easier.

Back
Top Bottom