How many of you use Safari on everything?

Soldato
Ever since I got into the Apple ecosystem I've been using Safari and it is a decent experience. It feels fast and generally gets the job done but I miss the features that Firefox and even Chrome have through addons and I REALLY miss Firefox Containers but I'll just have to learn how to live without that. I'm into web development so I always have every browser installed on my system and Microsoft Edge is surprisingly good. I still use Firefox Developer Edition though for initial designs.

Soldato
Me too. I do have Brave browser open for occasional forays into the crypto markets so I can use the add on wallets but my everyday browser is Safari

Si.

Si.

Soldato
I started with Firefox on my MBP but now use Safari for everything. I also miss containers, but find Safari much smoother (although I have had a few issues of it crashing and overloading RAM in certain situations)

Soldato
Use Safari on both my MBA and iPhone, though occasionally switch to Edge on the MBA. Safari tries to power save on YouTube or something and if you start scrolling through the comments it drops down the video quality which is annoying.

Soldato
OP
I think I need to get used to the shortcut key commands. That would help.

One thing I'd absolutely love is to be able to open a new tab and have the text input field for the URL active so I can do a really quick Google search and then once that is done close and go back to my previous tab. When I've 30 minutes I'll check out the key commands but if anyone has hints or tips then let me know!

Commissario
Gah. I completely forgot I had Alfred installed. Thank you.
I don't use Alfred enough for things like internet searches, especially as my custom search is configured to not return results from Pinterest.

One thing I'd absolutely love is to be able to open a new tab and have the text input field for the URL active so I can do a really quick Google search and then once that is done close and go back to my previous tab.
Anyway, I was correct. cmd-t in Safari opens a new tab and the cursor will be in the correct space for you to search. There's no need to do cmd-l as well.

Soldato
OP
Anyway, I was correct. cmd-t in Safari opens a new tab and the cursor will be in the correct space for you to search. There's no need to do cmd-l as well.
I actually explored Alfred search configs and got it to work with Reddit, NPM and Docker. Takes you to the right web page in your default browser straightaway.

Don
I tried to for quite some time but there's always something that pushes me back to Chrome. I just don't like the way extensions work for things like AdGuard and Lastpass on Safari.
I use Safari on iOS and iPadOS
A mix of Chrome and Edge on PC
Chrome on Mac
Firefox on Linux

Soldato
After setting up a new laptop I decided to give Safari another go. One major issue I've found is that is seems to have an issue with audio when consuming YouTube content at higher speeds. Chrome deals with the audio fine with these settings.

Back
Top Bottom