• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

how much better is the intel?

Associate
ok this may sound like nooby question but by how much would a Intel Pentium 4 630 - socket 775 2mb cache with ht be better in games against a socket a sempron 2800+ with 256kb l2 cache

Soldato
I agree... If you have the Sempron already, dont waste your Money.

I got several PCs, among them a Sempron 64-3100 and a P4 3.6Ghz, and the Sempron has a Rad9800Pro, the P4 has an x800GTO and to be honest, there isnt really all that much in it!!!

Ok, so the P4 gets a few FPS more in some games, but really, the money I have thrown at the P4 is pretty disgraceful.

Whats even more worse, is that you get that Sempron clocked and it will beat the P4.

As for this HyperThreading lark, I find it a little bit poo to be honest. So far, I have seen nothing on the P4 that my half decent AMDs cant do better... The Sempron is not really up o heavy multitasking, I admit that, but the others ( NewCastle, ClawHammer, Winchester & x2 ) are all seemingly quicker than the P4 when loaded up with lots of stupid apps, and the only thing thats helped the P4 chug along is that I have thrown a quick HD at it, cos otherwise, its a bit of a fairy.

Its saying a lot to me, that I have a P4 that is only about 3 months old with 2GB of RAM and 2x200GB HDs and I am getting rid of it and using a Newcastle 3000 in its place cos its quicker ( Overclocked mind you, but still )

Back
Top Bottom