How much do you walk a day at work?

alx

alx

Soldato
I used to do a fair bit as I walked a mile to and from work, although work itself is just sat at a desk. Now I live much closer so it's only 5mins each way :(

Man of Honour
Step data doesn't use GPS, you can be in airplane mode and still count your steps as long as the app is configured with the correct data :p

It's only when you want to track it on a map that location based data comes into play.

rps20160819_091802_945.jpg

As you can see, my town is full of potatoes :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Or are the step counters not accurate?

I had a workmate who used to wind me up because he stood in one place all day but because he moved in that square yard workspace his step counter would keep rising. At the end of the day he had 'walked' 10 miles :D

In all similar threads people make fantastic claims like 'I live 1 mile from my pub and I can walk it in 10 minutes' so I'd like to point out that average walking speed is 3 mph and for those who think they can walk at 4 mph over a distance the vast majority are in La La Land. In the past I have had such claimants on my treadmill and they soon give up.

However, if a hospital porter spends 50% of their day walking then they could easily reach that 10 miles mark. We have one guy at our hospital who never stops and he runs to most places. He's the guy that gets patients hospital notes and gets them to other departments asap and I'd love to put a proper counter on him.

Soldato
Depends on the phone you have. S Health is really good if you have a Samsung phone, it does more than Google Fit. But Google Fit connects with other services like Fitbit/Strava and so on.

I use Google Fit for that reason.

I have a Note 4, but thinking about it I don't carry my phone on me when at work or home anyway as I don't get signal (for texts/calls) unless the phone is sat peacefully in specific corners

So I guess I would have to get a fitbit or something but tbh, I'm not interested in spending money to tell me what I already know, that I don't do enough exercise :p

Back
Top Bottom