How much import tax do you pay on dvds from the US?

Associate
Hmmm well my card balance is looking decidedly bigger after this evening. I just thought what the heck I'll order things earlier than I thought. So as of this evening I have gone for:

Chobits: Persocom (V.1) - With Collector's Box
Noir: Shades Of Darkness - Special Edition
Ai Yori Aoshi - Faithfully Yours (Vol. 1) - With Series Box
Witch Hunter Robin: Arrival (V.1) - Limited Edition

Now the wait begins :D

I'm not sure I will regret it just yet, I'm having too much fun. Seeing as I have no other collections then this is something for me to really get into.

I'm trying a mix of DVDboxoffice, DVDsoon and DVDpacific so hopefully all will go well.

The only DVD I'm not too sure on is Ai Yori Aoshi, there isn't a stock status meter on the DVDsoon site, I thought I would chance it. At the end of the day if I don't get the box then I'm not too worried as the stories are more important to me :)

Ah so some of the "Limited editions" are like most other offers then; not so special when you know the stock levels :D

I'll hold fire on Evangelion, Bubblegum Crisis 2040 and Escaflowne then. I'm very impressed with the $51.99 price for the Bubblegum Crisis 2040 set, seems like stonking value for money.

Thank you once again for the tips and insights :), it's great to actually be in contact with someone who doesn't think I've gone mad. Lot's of people I have spoken to lately seem to have strange ideas about Anime. I'll have to make it my mission to educate them on what they are missing. :D

Oh also apologies to Plexman for taking things off topic.

Commissario
yup i think the official term is a C14

it normally has the type of goods (books, DVD, Optical media, merchandise), the value of the goods, the company that is sending them etc.

It can either be part of the main label as is the case with some retailers or a seperate label affixed to the package.

You also find that if the goods are shipped via a courier you normally get the forms in a pouch on the package in duplicate or triplicate so that the courier can retain a copy for their own records (as couriers deal with customs for you normally and have their own people who can deal with it at the airport warehouses, rather than it passing through one of the main customs depots along with the normal post/packages sent air and surface mail).

Commissario
Originally posted by Medge
Hmmm well my card balance is looking decidedly bigger after this evening. I just thought what the heck I'll order things earlier than I thought. So as of this evening I have gone for:

Chobits: Persocom (V.1) - With Collector's Box
Noir: Shades Of Darkness - Special Edition
Ai Yori Aoshi - Faithfully Yours (Vol. 1) - With Series Box
Witch Hunter Robin: Arrival (V.1) - Limited Edition

Now the wait begins :D

I'm not sure I will regret it just yet, I'm having too much fun. Seeing as I have no other collections then this is something for me to really get into.

I'm trying a mix of DVDboxoffice, DVDsoon and DVDpacific so hopefully all will go well.

The only DVD I'm not too sure on is Ai Yori Aoshi, there isn't a stock status meter on the DVDsoon site, I thought I would chance it. At the end of the day if I don't get the box then I'm not too worried as the stories are more important to me :)

Ah so some of the "Limited editions" are like most other offers then; not so special when you know the stock levels :D

I'll hold fire on Evangelion, Bubblegum Crisis 2040 and Escaflowne then. I'm very impressed with the $51.99 price for the Bubblegum Crisis 2040 set, seems like stonking value for money.

Escaflowne the TV series was a very limited box set release last year (you got the series, a figure and 2 boxes, one each for the series and figure).
However www.rightstuf.com have the empty boxes and often do deals where you can get a bundle of the DVD's and the box at well below RRP, or you cna buy the box on it's own.

Sorry about taking this so far off topic Plexman

i'll have words with the DVD donnies and see if they mind if i split the anime parts of this thread off :)

Back
Top Bottom