How much personal detail would you send via standard email?

Associate
I have hired a car before and they only need to see a full driving licence so gave them nothing over email and tell them they will see your driving licence on the day if they wont accept that then tell them you will find someone else

Man of Honour
The company is obviously either shady or incompetent. Either way, it would be reckless to entrust them with a treasure trove of information that could be used to steal from you and/or impersonate you and steal from someone else knowing it can only be traced back to you. Even more so via a method which will result in that information being sent in plain text to an unknown number of computers where it can be intercepted and copied without your knowledge. Unencrypted email is very insecure.

My advice would be to find a legitimate and competent car hire company.

No way would i send that, that would be a CC fraud dream as its nearly a fullz as they call it, only bits missing is MMN, sort/account number/email/password.

For just them details they want, they could get phone contracts, bank accounts and most credit accounts.

Soldato
That's the site I was referring to.
You as the DL holder get a code and pass that and the last 8 digits of the licence to the hire company and they get access to your DL history. So your full DL and NI need to be sent,

You only need to send them the last 8 digits of your driving licence and the check code for that, nothing more. The full driving licence number and NI code would allow them to do checks as they wish, which is what my employer tried to ask for.

Back
Top Bottom