How much would a trip to the 'Ring be?

Soldato
I fancy doing something for my birthday in 2 months and I have no idea what yet.

So how much would this journey be, including:

Fuel in total
Entrance fee
Hotel stop over
Ferry
Insurance?
And misc.

Hopefully this would just be for Saturday/Sunday.

Cheers.

Soldato
OP
If you intend to go out on Saturday and return on Sunday... could I suggest you take the Friday/Monday off work and add at least one full day there, ideally two. It's a fair drive and I'd not like to feel rushed into making the trip fit into two days.

The other problem with not really having any time there is that if the track is closed for any reason you don't have much opportunity to get on it.

It was just a quick thought of something to do for my birthday. Having not thought about travelling time, it would be wise to go for the long weekend so you get a couple of full days at the track :)

fancy postponing this till maybe march next year ?

I'm going over for a stag do in about march time, but ive not got many petrol head mates, so was hoping to ask some of you OcUKers along :D

Looking at the prices it may be better to postpone it and save a bit more cash so possibly :)

[TW]Fox;14975251 said:
Google maps your house to the Ring. Double it. Use your cars average fuel consumption figure. This will give you the cost to get there and back.

Then figure in a tank for the ring itself. Job done.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nürburgring

4 laps for €75.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Nurburgring+hotel+prices

http://aferry.to

Your welcome. Internet rocks dunnit.

Heh. Thanks Fox. Could have looked myself but thought i'd ask here so that's there is a thread full of information for other people to read who are thinking of going.

I'm considerate like that :p

Go from Hull-Rotterdam overnight - it's a long old trek down to Dover, and it's even worse when you're coming back as you are reminded of the state of driving in the UK :(
(You could even do South Shields - Rotterdam or wherever that one goes, but the ships are cack compared to P&O out of Hull - and the beer is a lot more expensive, €6.50 on DFS where as it was under £4 on P&O for a bottle of Grolsch - still expensive but it adds up, plus they're just better ships in general)

It'll probably be just as cheap as doing Dover/Calais once you take into account the extra fuel, wear and tear, and the fact you'll be shattered.

€22 a lap iirc.

We stayed at the Ringhaus (few hundred metres from the entrance) and it was cheap - Frank speaks english so you can ring him or do it online.

Insurance - No point tbh, unless you can get third party insurance. Most people would be able to pay for some track damage and damage to their own car in some way (loan etc) but if there's a third party involved and they get injured then you've pretty much had it.

The other way round it is to hire a car from RSR Nurburg or another company - RSR have right hand drive Clio 197s which means you don't have to get used to changing gear with the wrong hand. Just make sure you do at least one lap in your own car and whack a sticker on it ;)

I'm going over again next year when I've finished my exams - so if you want to go again then you should come with us (that goes for you too MrLOL :))

Cheers Naf. If I don't go in March then I can always go a bit later on in the year :)

Back
Top Bottom