**********, how not to oil a chain!

Soldato
I expect he had the bike on a center stand/paddock stand with the engine running and in gear using the idle to drive the wheel. Rag in hand wiping the chain as it moves along. Utter madness, madness they call it madness.

Soldato
OP
I expect he had the bike on a center stand/paddock stand with the engine running and in gear using the idle to drive the wheel. Rag in hand wiping the chain as it moves along. Utter madness, madness they call it madness.

Well, the logic is sound, right upto the point that you don't watch what your doing lol...

I set mine up the same, only I manually span the rear wheel with my hand with rag on the chain no where near the procket/cog... and did it slowly watching what i was doing.

To turn the engine on and let it turn over man, it asking for trouble and he got it. Horrible :D

Soldato
Well, the logic is sound, right upto the point that you don't watch what your doing lol...

Even if you're watching what you're doing, rags can snag, then pull your fingers in, then lose said fingers (I know you're not doing mind you :p).

If you're ever doing a chain, do it with the engine off! lol.

Last edited:
Associate
Which type? Filo wouldn't work but a nice dense short crust just might.

I tried puff pastry first of all but it's a nightmare to prepare. Am on sweet shortcrust at the moment but it tends to caramelise slightly after heavy use.

I'm actually using a large raw filo sheet as an air brake to avoid using my shortcrust brakes now, though I have to have a water mister to keep it from drying up and cracking, which was a problem this morning in the sun.

Back
Top Bottom