How often do NTL update their DNS cache?

Associate
Hi all,
I have a hosting account with TSOHost - they recently moved to a new server, and since then, I haven't been able to recieve/send email. This appears to be because NTL still haven't updated their DNS cache (4/5 days later?).

Is there any way I can avoid using their DNS servers (ie., are there any "community maintained" DNS servers), or is there any way at all to force them to update their cache?

Matt

daz

daz

Soldato
Have you tried opening a command prompt and using ipconfig /flushdns

You might also want to try rebooting your rooter/modem.

Associate
OP
Gimpmaster3201 said:
You could trying giving OpenDNS servers a go, they are sort of "community maintained" and are worth a try, they could end up better than your current DNS servers.

Yep, i've tried /flushdns, rebooting the router (Linksys BEFSR41) and the modem (Terrayon Cablejet (?)) - no joy.

I've also changed my DNS addresses on the Linksys to the OpenDNS ones. Again, no joy - their test page doesn't show up properly. I've even changed my network connection DNS settings in XP to the OpenDNS ones, but again, no joy. I hate NTL :(

Matt

Associate
OP
daz said:
Can you view your website fine - i.e. is it only mail you're having problems with?

Yes, I can view the website now, rebooted the router first thing this morning, and that appeared. However, I can't access the webmail or cpanel functionality, or send/recieve email.

Matt

Adz

Adz

Soldato
Slime101 said:
Darren - "we" are having probs with mails too.

Send in a support ticket :).

feenster - as per the email I'm about to send you, your problem was that the firewall had locked you out due to excessive POP3 login failures. This has now been removed. There was no IP/DNS change when the 'holly' upgrade took place.

Back
Top Bottom