• Seven to eight years

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Older than eight years

Votes: 9 2.1%

• Total voters
Soldato
Just wondering.

My Huawei P20 lite is very nearly 4 years old

Mrs is using her Moto Z2 (I think) which is also 4 years old.

My phone is fine, the battery has degraded a bit but still not bad, accubattery states 92% if I'm honest I don't believe that I'd say maybe 75% my gut feeling.

Mrs reckon her phone "plays up a bit" but otherwise ok.

I've got no intention of changing this anytime soon.

Soldato
Current is 15 months, OnePlus Nord, already had the charging port repaired but other than that it's still performing well

Previous phone was a Nokia 6, had it for 3 years and was working absolutely fine apart from two problems, it didn't receive security updates anymore and apps like Instagram started to run badly, apps are updated all the time and older hardware will start to struggle as the apps develop

I'll be keeping my current phone until it's either no longer supported or apps start to run badly and it becomes frustrating to use so hopefully that's at least 3 years again

Associate
P20 Pro here, probably around 3.5 yrs old. Since working from home and using zoom almost constantly the battery is wrecked so I'm looking for something new. I'm only after a decent camera with a good telephoto lens and I don't see much choice in the mid range that's actually any better than what I have :/

Soldato
2020 S10 Lite ~£400 (when the S20 FE came out, S6 connectivity was bad)
2015 S6 ~£600 (got ripped off with launch price, S2 battery wore out so didn't have the option of waiting)
2011 S2 ~£300

I'm a very light user so I buy outright and use a payg sim, which costs me about £1 a month. I feel like these devices aren't worth their price, I might try a cheaper A series next time.
I'd love to keep phones for longer, because I'm a light user, but there's inevitably some sort of battery or performance issue after the typical contract length. Planned e-waste :mad:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Though I have newer phones I'm still using a Galaxy Note 4 from 2014 as my main phone - it is hard to find a good replacement.

Soldato
I think my phone is 3 years old now plus a couple of months. Mostly fine but the charge port isn't brilliant and needs the cable to be positioned carefully.

Xiaomi redmi note 5.

Am looking to change it shortly.

Associate
I'm still running my Pixel 3 (bought in November 2018), battery isn't great now though so looking to upgrade but finding a phone of a similar size hasn't left me with many options.

The only two possibilities I can come up with to replace it is the S22 or an iPhone 13 Pro, I'd love to stay on Pixel but the 6 is just too big.

Associate
Also still running an iPhone XR from release. Seems to be zero incentive to upgrade now I’m out of contract - I’m on a EE 10gb data package for £7.99 a month which does me fine

Soldato
37 months.

It's a Sony xz1. I got it on contract and my wife wanted one too, so bought hers sim free from Amazon a few weeks later (where it had dropped to £200).

She had an upgrade a couple of months ago, but there's nothing I fancy currently (everything is too ******* big!), but my XZ1's screen was coming away from the body so I swapped over to her old one.

Soldato
OnePlus Nord, had it for about a month.
Not really bothered by the phone I use, as most of the time I'm at my desk, maybe things will change down the road.

Associate
I don't know exactly how old my Samsung S6 is but it still works ok with a good camera, the only problem is the poor battery life

Soldato
Poco F2 Pro - 1.5 years old. Can't see me changing it for at least another year. As always, it will be when the battery gets annoying enough that I look into either swapping it out, or just changing the phone. I've taken so many phones apart over the years to swap batteries but sometimes I just cba due to the risk vs reward of breaking something.

Back
Top Bottom