• Six to seven years

Votes: 8 1.9%
  • Seven to eight years

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Older than eight years

Votes: 9 2.1%

• Total voters
Soldato
P30 Pro. Updated from a P20 two years ago. Don't see any reason to upgrade this time, it's working perfectly fine and I don't think phones have really moved on much. Certainly not enough to make me want to spend £50 a month on it.

Soldato
iPhone 11 Pro Max so almost 3 years old. Used to upgrade every year but only paying for my minutes/data each month really trumps buying a new phone. All I really use my phone for is reddit, instagram, music, youtube and browsing forums. No new phone is going to drastically increase that experience for me.

Replaced it in September last year so the battery is literally as good as new. Incremental updates don't excite me now.

Associate
Moto G7 Power, about 4 years old.

I do get the upgrade itch now and then, especially re. the camera. But frankly this phone does everything I need it to do. Can't see myself changing it in the near future.

Associate
Currently on a 512GB Note 9 which I bought in June 2019 when Samsung stores were selling them for £599 :D

Still working well and after a fresh factory reset it's very smooth again.

The S22 Ultra has peaked my interest but will hold off for time being.

Associate
Quite old, 2018 I think it was released? Xiaomi Mi Max 3 - I bought it right at the start of lockdown 1 - I figured I'd be at home all the time, so I'll get a phone which I can use for media consumption. It's practically a mini tablet.

I haz 4090!
Don
I bought mine last June (iPhone 12), but before that I had a OnePlus 6 which was about 3 years old. I wouldn't have changed other than I wanted an Apple Watch. I only use my phone for basic stuff like browsing and texting so I don't change them very often.

Soldato
I'm on a Pixel 3 XL at the moment, but it's been an absolute disaster since Android 12. The GPS is useless now, when using android auto, it takes 5 minutes to 'find route'...if it does at all. It's started randomly rebooting in the last couple of weeks too.

I'm switching back to iPhone, haven't had one since the 5, but Google have made such an a mess of their phones and OS I'm not putting up with it anymore.

Soldato
I'm on a Pixel 3 XL at the moment, but it's been an absolute disaster since Android 12. The GPS is useless now, when using android auto, it takes 5 minutes to 'find route'...if it does at all. It's started randomly rebooting in the last couple of weeks too.

I'm switching back to iPhone, haven't had one since the 5, but Google have made such an a mess of their phones and OS I'm not putting up with it anymore.

I have android 12 on my old pixel 3 and its been running nicely. Even smoother than at launch. Love the new UI too.

I also still have my old Samsung Galaxy S2 for stage 1 alarm clock duties. On a custom AOSP Ron still running strong. The S3 lte has given up the ghost, bootlooping, think its go a mobo issue.

Still got the Shamu too. Will keep that forever.

Soldato
My OnePlus 7pro is very nearly 3 years old now. To replace it with an equivalent current phone would cost more than I'm prepared to pay. Nothing looks that much better to me. I guess the updates will stop soon and the battery will degrade and I'll have to replace it.

Associate
Note 9 bought July 2019.

It probably does need replacing (mainly due to no more monthly security updates) but I just dont want to pay the money to replace it.

Associate
Xperia 5 II. Around 1 year old. I tend to change phones every 3 years. That's the point where the battery degrades beyond the point I find acceptable. Used to have an S9 and the battery would last 8-12 hours of use towards the end.

Back
Top Bottom